The Technical Writer works as part of the cross-functional SpecFlow (https://specflow.org/) product team. An independently operated and branded unit inside of Tricentis. This leads to high self-responsibility and the opportunity to apply all your technical writing experience. The main task of the Technical Writer is to explain use cases and features of our SpecFlow products clearly via online channels (Documentation, FAQ, Knowledge Base/Forum).
* Produce clear, concise, and high-quality software explanation for our diverse user base
* Publish content online (markdown, wordpress, HTML, GitHub, youtube, )
* Participate in sprints and discover the need for documentation changes or additions based on current development work
* Communicate with product owners, engineering/development team members to retrieve the technical details needed for documentation
* Provide effort estimates on documentation tasks and projects
* Edit material prepared by other writers or staff
* Planning and editing of illustrations, diagrams, and graphics
* Full ownership of our documentation (planning, developing, writing, editing, publishing and maintenance)
* Help design, create, and maintain an effective information architecture
* Continually improve current documentation based on user feedback
* Ensure that our documentation is and remains state of the art
* Participate in team meetings, ad-hoc projects, and other doc related initiatives
* Work in a cross-functional agile development team
* BA/BS degree in Business, Engineering, Marketing, Communications, Language, or related field
* At least 2 years of experience in a similar position
* Familiarity with agile methods (SCRUM, KanBan, )
* Experience with online documentation and related technologies
* Experience with producing documentation for software
* Experience with distributed version-control tools (e.g., Subversion and GitLab)
* Experience with distributed bug-tracking and issue-sharing tools (Azure DevOps, Jira, )
* Experience with imaging software for screen capturing and illustrating (Fireworks, Illustrator, Visio)
* Not afraid to try something new and adjust strategies frequently based on learnings and feedback
* High energy and excited to join a small team in startup-mode
* Must possess excellent written, verbal and visual communication skills
* Strong authoring skills in English (Native speaker is desirable)
* Ability to travel between 10-30% (mostly within Europe)
* Flexible working hours (no core time)
* Attractive salary plus bonus and other benefits
* Favorable working atmosphere in a rapidly expanding company
* Wide range of responsibilities & a variety of career opportunities
* Modern office in Vienna close to the subway (Table Soccer, Darts, … )
* Wiener Linien annual pass (Jobticket)
* Flat hierarchy
* Numerous company events
* Permanent, full-time employment
And many more …
Eager to work in a fast-growing, innovative and highly motivated company where your single contribution counts to the company’s success? Go ahead and apply! We look forward to receiving your application.
According to your proficiency and experience the annual package is at least EUR 35.000,- gross.
With the industry’s #1 Continuous Testing platform, Tricentis is recognized for reinventing software testing for DevOps. Through agile test management and advanced test automation optimized to support 150+ technologies, we provide automated insight into the business risks of your software releases–transforming testing from a roadblock to a catalyst for innovation. The result is accelerated software delivery speed, improved cost efficiency, and reduced business risk.
Tricentis is the only vendor to achieve “leader” status in all three top analyst reports (i.e., the “Triple Crown”). This honor is based on our technical leadership, innovation, and a Global 2000 customer base of 1500+ companies, including global enterprises such as Allianz, Cisco, Dolby, First Data, HSBC, Office Depot, Samsung, Starbucks, Vodafone, Whole Foods, and WorldPay. Customers rely on Tricentis to achieve and sustain test automation rates of over 90 percent–increasing risk coverage while accelerating testing to keep pace with Agile and DevOps.
Tricentis has a global presence in Austria, Australia, Belgium, Denmark, Germany, Hungary, India, Netherlands, Singapore, Switzerland, Poland, the UK and United States.