Technical Service & Business Development Manager (m/f)
At allnex, you can go to work knowing you make a lasting impact on the world around you. Our work helps to protect and improve more than 1,000 products; from interior coatings for airplanes and scratch-resistant coatings for smartphones, to corrosion protection for cars, and even printing inks for glossy magazines. We are present in 4 regions, with more than 4,000 employees globally, and serve customers in over 100 countries, which makes allnex the world’s leading industrial coatings resins company.
Do you want to support our customers in their development activities and promote our innovative technologies? We are looking for someone who wants to be a valuable contributor and a member of a talented and dynamic team of industrial coating specialists. The Technical Service and Business Development Manager for plastic and filmic substrates market is the technical point of contact for the customers and the distributors in his field of expertise. Are you able and willing to drive the technical dialogue and provide required support to the sales organization and be the technical link with customers for Research and Development and other support groups such as quality and logistics? Then we are waiting for your application to make an impact together!
- Execute the customer action plan and be the technical focus point for customers, Key accounts, distributors and agents.
- Provide trainings when required in area of expertise.
- Have a constructive relationship with sales in order to provide technical support on products, process and formulation know-how. Make right products introduction and recommendations for allnex.
- Participates in building competitive intelligence with Marketing and Sales.
- Provide expertise in market segment teams (led by marketing) and participate to segment strategy.
- Coordinate lab activities related to specific projects, customers or products.
- Act as product champion for key NPI (New Product Introduction).
- Support product launches – develops orientating formulations and sales tools including brochures and technical data’s for launch packages (with Marketing) to ensure successful introduction of defined products.
- Ensure good internal and external reporting and communication.
Qualification & Skills
- Bachelor’s, Ing or Master’s degree with technical background
- 5+ years’ experience in Research and Development or Technical service in paints and coatings or coating resins (preferably with plastic and filmic substrates), ideally complemented with commercial skills
- Technical acumen in a dedicated market segment
- Problem solver with customer focus mindset
- Good communicator, fluent in written and spoken English, good German skills is a plus
- Management skills is a must have
- Availability to travel about 30% of the time will be required
What we offer
Annual gross salary from € 60.000,00 and the willingness to overpay, depending on qualifications work experience.
professional development opportunities
Do you want to make an impact?
Apply now by submitting your online-application at www.allnex.com or check out our career page for other available opportunities. We look forward to hearing from you.