Flexible working time
Global Blue pioneered the concept of Tax Free Shopping 40 years ago. Through continuous innovation, it has become the leading strategic technology and payments partner, empowering merchants to capture the growth of international shoppers. Global Blue’s Tax Free Shopping solutions allow thousands of retailers, including most of the world’s leading luxury, fast fashion and department store brands, to quickly and securely offer Globe Shoppers savings of up to 20% when shopping in more than 300,000 stores around the world. Global Blue’s IT headquarters is located in Vienna.
Technical Product Manager:
Customer facing devices
Technical Product Manager: Customer facing devices
- Are you interested in delivering great product experience with your own Scrum team?
- Are you keen to make a difference in the digitalization process and elevate our products to the next level?
- Do you enjoy working with stakeholders from all over the world?
- Are you looking for a new career opportunity in the fast-growing sector of tax-free shopping?
Well then keep on reading as this may be the right opportunity for you!
Global Blue is the worldwide leader in the tax-free shopping industry. We are driving the digitalization of the full industry which includes the development of new innovative products which serve the most prestigious merchants around the globe.
In order to expand the capabilities of our product portfolio, we are looking for talented Technical Product Managers who will be part of an international Scrum team. On the one hand you are representing the business views by understanding market requirements inside the Scrum team and on the other hand the Technology expertise in front of your business counterparts with your technical experience and background.
You will be responsible for building new products but also enhancing and improving existing ones.
You will act as the bridge between business and technical teams, including collaborating with other Business Units, Commercial partners, Engineering, Product and Technology teams to understand their needs and propose innovative solutions to fulfil them. The successful candidate must be able to establish a deep understanding of the business processes and rules in a short period of time.
Your products are shaped to serve the 40+ Tax Free Shopping markets from Europe, Asia, Africa and America.
We are seeking for Technical Product Managers with expertise in the areas of:
- Customer facing applications (e.g. Mobile applications, web applications and vending machines)
- Strong customer focus and understanding end user’s needs and behavior using mobile apps and web sites
We consider expertise in the following areas as very beneficial to the position:
- Self-Service Kiosks, ATMs & vending machines
- Point of sale systems & Payment terminals
- Transactional processing
- Financial services, payments or retail industry
What will you do?
- Manage the entire technical product life cycle from strategic planning to tactical activities
- Come up with new (self-service) products and develop them successfully in line with market needs and company strategy
- Set the product vision, define the strategic direction of the products and the roadmap
- Gather the voice of customer: collect user / customer needs, analyse and define product business processes, rules and technical requirements and determine specifications
- Own, prioritize and maintain the product backlog: Setting priorities, timelines and ensuring successful execution of the product implementation
- Act as a Product Owner in the Scrum team
- Pre-sales support to commercial representatives / business units in front of partners and customers
- Monitoring competitive product positioning and differentiation
- Assess market feedback and drive further product evaluation and innovation
What we expect from you?
- University degree in Computer Science or Engineering OR relevant work experience with focus on software development
- Experience in creating user interfaces and workflows – ideally for self-service devices
- Experience required: Minimum 3+ years of experience as Product Owner / Manager (e.g. defining User Stories, working with JIRA / Confluence, creating BPMN or UML diagrams)
- Project management and presentation skills
- Experience working in an Agile environment (e.g. Scrum or Kanban)
- Experience with engineering / reengineering business processes and rules with a strong technical focus and understanding of the technical architecture of complex and highly scalable applications
- General knowledge of multiple infrastructure / application technologies including, but not limited to: Web applications / services, Windows clients, User interface technologies, Application development, Transaction processing
- English language – fluent both verbal and written
- Customer focus – able to understand and analyse customer needs and translate them into requirements
- Strong organisational, planning and prioritization skills with the ability to meet deadlines
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Strategic thinking
- Quick learner
- Can-do mentality and hands-on attitude
- Independent as well as a team player
What we offer in return:
- Work for a fast-growing industry leader in tax free shopping International environment, inspiring colleagues with more than 40 nationalities where English is the official working language
- State of the art office environment, well connected to the public transportation system and with good infrastructure
- Employee benefits: flexible working time, training, discount for the gym, meal vouchers, language courses etc.
- Team buildings: Summer party, team nights out, Christmas party, sport events etc.
- Referral bonus
Good location close to public transport
Wellbeing, company doctor, meal vouchers
Team building, party and events
Global Blue guarantees a competitive and performance-related salary depending on your professional and personal qualifications. As required by Austrian federal law we hereby state, that the guaranteed legal annual Min. compensation according to the Austrian collective agreement amounts to € 36008.00., however, the total compensation is a subject of individual agreement.