Specialist, Business Finance
Senior Specialist, Business Finance
Mission of the Department: To ensure the effective management and control of finances through timely and accurate financial planning, budgeting, accounting and reporting; to ensure compliance with Swiss legal requirements as a result of head office location. To provide guidance and support to the Network Executive Team (the governing body for the WWF Network), the Network itself and Practice Leaders (the conservation global goals and key drivers heads) on finance related matters. Leads and steers the Finance Community of Practice, and provides best practice guidance and specialist financial support to Network finance practitioners.
Major Functions: Provides support for the financial management, planning, and financial overview for WWF Practice core teams, including administering the innovation and capacity gaps funding, and ensuring approved policies, procedures and Network Standards are adhered to with the aim to increase operational efficiency and effectiveness. Supports overseeing the contracting from Network Services budget in order to strengthen the contract management and procurement process.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists in providing financial management, planning and analysis support for Practice core teams.
- Works closely with Senior Specialist Practice Support to manage the contracting process for the Practices and other divisions funded by Network Services budget.
- Assists in the annual practices budgeting and forecasting processes.
- Controls the accounting for practices in Oracle, entering Purchase Orders into the purchasing module, ensuring all WWF International policies are implemented correctly, and that the accounting is completed in compliance with Swiss GAAP reporting standards.
- Prepares the quarterly PO core support payments
- Acts as back-up to the Senior Specialist Practice Support on Practice issues, taking on ad-hoc tasks as and when required within the Business Finance unit
- University degree in an appropriate subject (business/finance/economics/accounting) and first experience of accounting and/or financial analysis, ideally in an international environment, covering contracting, reporting, budgeting and forecasting or completed commercial academy (HAK or HLW) with a minimum of 3-5 years’ experience ;
Required Skills and Competencies
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to set priorities, take initiative, and meet deadlines.
- Well-developed financial accounting/management skills;
- Accurate and precise;
- Advanced Excel knowledge;
- Knowledge of Oracle and Noetix an advantage;
- Excellent spoken and written English. Other languages an advantage, particularly French and German.
- Excellent interpersonal, diplomatic and communication skills with ability to interact constantly in an international and multi-cultural environment. Interest in conservation.
- Adheres to WWF’s values: Knowledgeable, Optimistic, Determined and Engaging.
- Internal: Regular contact with the Senior Specialist Practice Support. Frequent contact with Head, Business Finance and other members of the Business Finance team, the Practice core teams and with all other Finance department staff. Also regular contact with finance personnel in WWF National Organizations and Programme Offices.
- External: Occasional contact with third parties and other NGOs
This job description covers the main tasks and conveys the spirit of the sort of tasks that are anticipated proactively from staff. Other tasks may be assigned as necessary according to organizational needs.
Only one single document can be uploaded through the platform. Upload your covering letter and CV as one file. We will not accept applications without CV and Covering Letter.
Work permit restrictions may apply.
Early application is encouraged as we will review applications throughout the advertising period and reserve the right to close the advert early.
WWF is an equal opportunity employer and committed to having a diverse workforce.