Senior Software Developer Ruby
Full-time (Linz, Austria)
As part of our Backend team, you will:
- Design and implement core APIs
- Handle and optimize the back-end systems that back our GPS IoT devices
- Optimize availability and scalability for existing services
- Improve and monitor features
- Stay up to date with the latest tech
- Take ownership of features, from design to maintenance
- Bring in your ideas and improvements to actively contribute to the company’s success. You will never hear “…because we always did it like that” again.
- Continuously develop yourself personally and professionally. You will take ownership of areas that strengthen your potential and you will be able to attend workshops to learn new skills according to your experience and interests.
- At least 5 years practical experience with Ruby (ideally with Rails Framework)
- Hands-on experience with writing unit tests (ideally with RSpec)
- Experience with NoSQL databases (e.g. MongoDB, Redis, Message Queues), distributed logging (ideally ELK stack) and caching (ideally Redis)
- Very good English skills
- Analytical thinker with great problem-solving skills
- Eager to take on responsibility
- Motivated to work on highly available systems
- Easy-going team player who loves a good challenge
- Lives the mantra “Release early, release often”
- Willing to come and work with our fantastic team in Austria
Just so you know what to expect: For this position, we offer a competitive overpayment based on qualifications and experiences. The annual gross salary starts at € 42,000 on a full-time basis.