ViennaLab Diagnostics GmbH is an established developer and manufacturer of human medical in vitro diagnostic products with over 30 years of experience.
For the reinforcement of our R&D team, we are looking for a
Senior Scientist – Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) (m/f/d)
- Design and experimental development of diagnostic NGS panels
- NGS library preparation and sequencing
- NGS data analysis and optimization of application specific bioinformatic pipelines
- Accurate documentation according to the IVD-R and ISO standards
- Independent troubleshooting of technical problems
- Active communication internally with other departments and externally with customers and collaborators
Required qualifications & profile
- Ph.D. degree in Genetics, Molecular Biology, Medical Biotechnology or a closely related field
- Extensive hands-on experience in NGS library preparation and sequencing
- Excellent understanding of genomic databases
- Very good understanding of NGS software tools
- Proactive mindset and excellent organizational skills with strong motivation to complete tasks according to the highest quality standards
- Flexibility and collaborative attitude
- Strong interpersonal and written communication skills
- Excellent command of English (C1 or above)
- Prior medical NGS experience in a molecular diagnostic laboratory or at a biotech company
- Profound knowledge of a wide range of NGS methods including genomic, epigenomic and transcriptomic applications
- Very good understanding of IVD-R and ISO13485 Quality Management System
- We strive to develop high-quality diagnostic solutions
- Our portfolio spans a wide range of medical indications facilitating treatment decisions for best practice therapies
- Our experienced multidisciplinary team has a proven track record of developing over 100 IVD products
- We are located in Vienna, one of the world’s top cities for quality of life
In this responsible position you will work independently and be able to prove your reliability and high degree of self-organization in a highly motivated team working in the rapidly progressing field of medical genomics.
By law we are required to state the minimum salary according to the collective agreement, which amounts to EUR 3,889.50 gross per month. An overpayment is possible according to your range of responsibilities and your specific expertise.
Effects of COVID-19
ViennaLab products are used for the diagnosis of a broad spectrum of conditions and diseases in patients worldwide. We have a responsibility to continue to supply the patients and medical professionals using our products without interruption. We do so with numerous measures to ensure our employee’s health and safety.
ViennaLab is therefore in a position to offer a safe and stable working environment to its employees and to continue to recruit new colleagues throughout the pandemic.
If you are interested and think to qualify well for this position, please send your detailed application via email to
ViennaLab Diagnostics GmbH
Gaudenzdorfer Guertel 43-45
1120 Vienna, Austria