Senior Scientist (m/f/x) Downstream Process Development
Senior Scientist (m/f) Downstream Process Development, Schaftenau, Tyrol, Austria
1! One Team one culture – this is the environment in which Downstream Process Development for manufacturing of biopharmaceutical drug substances can succeed. Be part of it!
Your responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Design, plan, organize, perform and document scientific experiments to develop downstream processes for biopharmaceutical drug substances
• Take over responsibility for and utilize special tools/equipment in downstream process development
• Prepare technical documents including study protocols and reports, risk assessments and provide input for master documents
• Optimize existing processes, contribute to development and implementation of new technologies.
• Actively foster knowledge exchange. Train and coach associate scientists, technicians, temporary employees and employees under training/education.
• Participate in function-specific sub teams and fulfill assigned project tasks and responsibilities under minimal supervision
What you’ll bring to the role:
• Master of Science with 3 years of relevant experience or Bachelor of Science with 6 years relevant experience or Apprenticeship in industry (or equivalent technical education) with 6 years relevant experience
• Experience in development of chromatography steps, normal flow and tangential flow filtration steps
• Personality with a can-do mind-set and the ability to adopt to change
• Strong communication and presentation skills
• Good knowledge of relevant software tools (e.g. MS Office, statistical programs)
• Fluency in English, German is a plus
• Experience with statistical methods including design of experiments
• Experience with development of purification processes derived from mammalian cell culture including viral clearance aspects
Contact person: Jennifer Kriedemann, Talent Acquisition & Staffing Business Partner, Phone +44 7525 702920
Why consider Novartis?
799 million. That’s how many lives our products touched in 2019. And while we’re proud of that fact, in this world of digital and technological transformation, we must also ask ourselves this: how can we continue to improve and extend even more people’s lives?
We believe the answers are found when curious, courageous and collaborative people like you are brought together in an inspiring environment. Where you’re given opportunities to explore the power of digital and data. Where you’re empowered to risk failure by taking smart risks, and where you’re surrounded by people who share your determination to tackle the world’s toughest medical challenges.
We offer a market-competitive base salary in line with your qualification, experience and individual competencies. Additionally we offer an attractive incentive program, a modern company pension scheme, childcare facilities, learning & development options and worldwide career opportunities within the Novartis group. The base pay is composed of the respective amount according to the Austrian collective agreement (at least € 46,525.22 per year on a full time basis), plus a potential market oriented excess payment.
Imagine what you could do at Novartis!
Novartis are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons.
Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
Novartis embraces diversity, equal opportunity and inclusion. We are committed to building diverse teams, representative of the patients and communities we serve, and we strive to create an inclusive workplace that cultivates bold innovation through collaboration, and empowers our people to unleash their full potential.
Join our Novartis Network: If this role is not suitable to your experience or career goals but you wish to stay connected to learn more about Novartis and our career opportunities, join the Novartis Network here: https://talentnetwork.novartis.com/network