Senior Project Manager (m/f/d)
NXP Semiconductors N.V. enables secure connections for a smarter world, advancing solutions that make lives easier, better, and safer. As the world leader in secure connectivity solutions for embedded applications, NXP is driving innovation in the automotive, industrial & IoT, mobile, and communication infrastructure markets. Built on more than 60 years of combined experience and expertise, the company has approximately 30,000 employees in more than 30 countries and posted revenue of $9.41 billion in 2018.
- Focus on project execution of New Product Introductions as well as Maintenance in E-Government / Secure Identification domain.
(The products being developed are cryptographic host middleware and eID SDK (ICAO, eID) (for NXP Java Card Applets), running on Windows, Linux and Mac OS host operating systems, as well as on Android and iOS mobile operating systems, and are interfacing with PC/SC readers, USB tokens, NFC device and biometric devices).
- Own entire end to end software development lifecycle execution from concept/requirements to high volume to maintenance
- Full responsibility for project schedule, scope and budget with strong focus on customer deliverables
- Work closely with Product management and system architect and have a solid understanding of the product requirements
- Develop & track project plans together with the technical lead(s)
- Active stakeholder management; timely accurate communication and reporting
- Responsible for risk assessment and mitigation plans
- Own the change management process from project start to production ramp
- Own project execution metrics
- Achieve challenging project goals by effectively applying expertise and industry best practices
- Lead multi-site/-cultural project teams to achieve effective results and successful project completion
- Apply standard project management methodologies and blending them with Agile-based methodologies
- Improve development processes within the team as well involving other teams/sites working on the same subject
- Motivate the team to achieve professional delivery quality in timely manner
- Bachelor or Master’s degree (electronics, applied mathematics or informatics), or similar
- 5+ years hands-on working experience in software product development
- 3+ years working experience in project management (incl. financial project management, supplier management, risk management)
- Professional background in E-Government domain, including ICAO and eIDAS
- Solid background of PC/SC smart card reader technology, contactless, NFC and biometric is an asset
- Familiar with host operating systems: Windows, Linux and MacOS, as well as Android and iOS mobile devices.
- Team player, in a multi-cultural environment, and with effective communication skills
- Creative thinking & flexibility to drive team to overcome roadblocks to achieve common goals
- Good organizational skills
- Good presentation and communication skills
- Fluent English skills (conversation and writing)
- Working experience with independent 3rd party evaluations & certifications for product release is an asset
- Line management experience is an asset
NXP offers competitive compensation. Due to Austrian law we are obliged to state the minimum gross salary according to legal regulations and for this role this amounts to EUR 56.000 gross. Depending on experience and education higher remuneration is possible.
Moreover, we provide attractive benefits to our employees.
Please note that this position is a proactive search, as we are permanently looking for talented people in this area to support our growth. If you are interested in this domain at NXP, we would encourage you to apply, and our hiring team will be glad to contact you.