Senior Device Manager (m/f/d)
Senior Device Manager (m/f/d), Global Drug Development, Schaftenau, Austria
7! This is number of combination product technology platforms that Novartis is currently working on. Novartis has an ambitious program in drug delivery devices and to meet our future portfolio needs we are seeking an experienced engineer in the development of medical devices.
Your responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Lead as Senior Device Manager the technical development of safe and user-friendly Medical Device/Combinatgion Products
• Providing medical device life cycle expertise within a broader cross‐functional drug product development team
• Design and implement systems engineering approach to support the development and life cycle management of complex products and platforms in the areas of (connected) drug delivery devices
• Utilize the systems engineering tool for requirement management and translate user and business needs into system/sub-system requirements
• Be the representative of platform and device related systems engineering for the communications with cross-divisional teams, programs, and stakeholders
What you’ll bring to the role:
• MSc/MA in electronics/MST engineering or relevant field and excellent understanding of the current drug delivery technologies
• Autonomous and independent working style with at least 8 years of experience (at management level) in Medical Device development and LCM
• Ability to interact with senior management in matrix organization
• Strong communication skills, emotional intelligence as well as ability to navigate into complex organization and create networks
• Change management experience and sound understand of building and LCM of platforms
• Proficient in English
Why consider Novartis?
799 million. That’s how many lives our products touched in 2019. And while we’re proud of that fact, in this world of digital and technological transformation, we must also ask ourselves this: how can we continue to improve and extend even more people’s lives?
We believe the answers are found when curious, courageous and collaborative people like you are brought together in an inspiring environment. Where you’re given opportunities to explore the power of digital and data. Where you’re empowered to risk failure by taking smart risks, and where you’re surrounded by people who share your determination to tackle the world’s toughest medical challenges.
We offer a market-competitive base salary in line with your qualification, experience and individual competencies. Additionally we offer an attractive incentive program, a modern company pension scheme, childcare facilities, learning & development options and worldwide career opportunities within the Novartis group. The base pay is composed of a market oriented excess payment and the respective amount according to the Austrian collective agreement (at least € 62.146,14 per year on a full time basis).
Imagine what you could do at Novartis!
Novartis are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons.
Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
Novartis embraces diversity, equal opportunity and inclusion. We are committed to building diverse teams, representative of the patients and communities we serve, and we strive to create an inclusive workplace that cultivates bold innovation through collaboration, and empowers our people to unleash their full potential.
Join our Novartis Network: If this role is not suitable to your experience or career goals but you wish to stay connected to learn more about Novartis and our career opportunities, join the Novartis Network here: https://talentnetwork.novartis.com/network