apilayer is hiring: Senior Developer (Software-as-a-Service, m/w)
Senior Backend Developer
About our company
We are a privately owned, fast growing tech company based out of Elisabethstraße 15, 1010 Vienna. In early 2015 Julian and Paul Zehetmayr, two brothers and the Co-Founders of apilayer, started building a diverse set of well performing, highly scalable micro-service APIs to help businesses and developers around the world automate complex processes, such as currency conversion, file conversion and different types of data validation. In the course of more than five years of existence each API product has become the market leader in its segment, with currencylayer leading the currency conversion API space, ipstack leading the IP Geolocation API space, mailboxlayer leading the email verification API space, and so on. At this time, we are operating nearly 20 market-leading microservice API products, with many more to come throughout the year 2020.
In 2016, apilayer expanded its reach into the SaaS (“Software-as-a-Service”) market, building invoicely, the now market-leading online invoicing platform, and eversign, an advanced eSignature platform on its best way to leading the European eSignature industry and set out to compete with global leader DocuSign overseas. In addition, in May of 2020 we will be launching Checkable, an uptime monitoring and hosted status page service, as well as a high-scale and innovative SaaS product in the SSL certificate space.
Today we are serving more than a million B2B customers worldwide with a lean, productive and flexible team of 20 people based in Vienna (Management, Marketing, Tech, Customer Support, Finance) and London (Sales).
Who we are looking for
We have always had more products than people, which is part of the reason we are now looking for somebody to take on a key role as product-focused Senior Backend Developer for our Software-as-a-Service products eversign and invoicely, as well as for other apilayer SaaS products to come.
What to expect
You will inhabit a core position in the company. In close collaboration with Paul, Julian, our CTO Dominik and the rest of the team you will be responsible for the technical development, maintenance and optimization of our SaaS platforms eversign and invoicely. Starting from the fundamental architecture and moving up to the implementation of single features in the back-end, you will take over responsibility and develop innovative, scalable and sustainable software solutions.
We look forward to meeting you!
- You provide 3+ years of relevant professional experience in software engineering in web environments
- You are business fluent in English
- You solve problems independently, work carefully, organized and precisely
- You consider state-of-the-art as required minimum quality
- Using a coding standard and writing clean code are natural for you
- You are open for new technologies and methodologies
- You are continuously and autonomously improving your knowledge
- Strong experience with PHP 7
- Experience with the Symfony and Laravel frameworks
- Strong experience with relational databases, preferably MySQL
- Experience with automated testing
- Experience with Git, Nginx, PHP-FPM, Docker and Unix environments in general (including shell)
- Experience with RESTful APIs
- Knowledge of professional software development (architecture patterns, design patterns, idioms)
- Experience with large and scalable enterprise applications is a plus
- Diversified and wide-ranging tasks
- Modern tools, technologies and methods (PHP 7, ES6, etc.)
- A young and dynamic team with flat hierarchies
- Flexible working hours
- 5 weeks of paid vacation
apilayer ist ein im Jahre 2015 von den Brüdern Julian und Paul Zehetmayr gegründetes, stark wachsendes IT-Unternehmen mit Fokus auf Subscription-basierte, skalierbare Cloud-Lösungen in Form von API (“Application Programming Interface”) und SaaS (“Software-as-a-Service”) Produkten im B2B-Bereich. Das Unternehmen hat mit den Abteilungen Geschäftsführung, Technik, Finanz und Kunden-Support seinen Hauptsitz in Wien und einen auf Vetrieb (Sales) fokussierten Nebensitz in London.
Mit weltweit über einer Million Kunden und einer breit aufgestellten Palette an Produkten darf sich apilayer in zahlreichen Software-Märkten Marktführer nennen. Zu den beliebtesten apilayer API-Lösungen zählen Nischenprodukte wie currencylayer, Fixer, mailboxlayer, numverify, pdflayer und ipstack. In Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) ist apilayer ebenfalls mit international stark wachsenden Cloud-Plattformen wie eversign (digitale Unterschriften) und invoicely (digitale Rechnungen) im Rennen.
Aufgrund des kleinen und dynamischen Teams ist apilayer stolz, seinen Mitarbeitern ein hohes Maß an Flexibilität, Eigenverantwortung und Möglichkeiten zur Verwirklichung der eigenen Ideen bieten zu können.
Wir freuen uns darauf, Sie kennenzulernen!