We’re JTI, Japan Tobacco International and we believe in freedom. We think that the possibilities are limitless when you’re free to choose. In fact, we’ve spent the last 20 years innovating, creating new and better products for our consumers to choose from. It’s how we’ve grown to be present in 130 countries.
But our business isn’t just business. Our business is our people. Their talent. Their potential. We believe when they’re free to be themselves, grow, travel and develop, amazing things can happen for our business.
That’s why our employees, from around the world, choose to be a part of JTI. It’s why 9 out of 10 would recommend us to a friend. And why we’ve been awarded Global Top Employer status, six years running.
So when you’re ready to choose a career you’ll love, in a company you’ll love, feel free to #JoinTheIdea.
Learn more: www.jti.com/careers
We develop, test and bring to market new and innovative forms of Reduced Risk Products (RRP) such as e-cigarettes and tobacco vapor products and other alternative nicotine delivery systems.
In Vienna we are about to enforce our R&D strength by transferring our Product & Technology Development Capabilities for our Reduced Risk Products (RRP) into a newly formed organization. Therefore, we are looking for a curious, collaborative and innovation-driven team player for the role of
RRP Applied Science Engineer (f/m/d)
What will you do?
- Support creative innovation and technology development of our existing and new reduced risk products together with your colleagues in the Applied Science Group
- Carry out various research activities resulting in reports, experimental and simulation results as well as prototypes to optimize and enhance our current & future product portfolio
- Strongly collaborate with our internal technology development teams to develop and test novel technology, to assess ideas as well as to foster intellectual property (IP) creation
- Engage in collaborations with external R&D partners, laboratories and universities
- Support monitoring the relevant IP landscape
Who are we looking for?
- A degree in Mechanical Engineering, Material Science, Physics, Chemistry, or equivalent (FH/Uni)
- Multi-year work experience in industrial or academic R&D environments – including experimental work and fast prototyping
- Achievements in aerosol science, heat transfer, fluid mechanics or material science
- An affinity to IP related work
- A solid working knowledge of English (German is considered a plus)
- The passion to look beyond the horizon and eagerness to work within Agile ways of working as well as within a traditional V-model
We offer you attractive working conditions in an international company with modern equipment in a good location in Vienna. In addition to extensive social benefits, a total annual gross salary of at least € 60.000 is provided for this position if the requirements are met. Depending on qualification and previous experience, the willingness to overpay is given.
Join our team and take advantage of the excellent development and career opportunities at Austria’s Number 1 Top Employer. Are you interested in this exciting opportunity? We look forward to receiving your application in English!