At BIOMIN we harness the power of science to support animal health and performance. By applying state-of-the-art and proprietary technology we deliver natural, sustainable and profitable solutions to the livestock industry. For over 35 years we have pioneered innovative solutions for mycotoxin risk management and gut performance. BIOMIN is part of ERBER Group.
An exciting new opportunity has come available in our newly formed Biomin Digital Lab. Working as part of a world leading animal nutrition company based in Austria you will join a growing team, utilising your strong technical experience to support farm animal nutrition and health.
Research Team Leader Digital Lab (m/w/d)
The Biomin Digital Lab research team is developing digitization, digitalization and digital transformation with our R&D data. This includes the creation of a Data Lake, automated pipelines and prediction models in mycotoxin science, gut microbiome and animal nutrition. The position oversees bioinformaticians and work alongside our broad R&D team to support the gaining of new insights from data.
WE ARE LOOKING FOR AN EXPERIENCED AND RESULT-DRIVEN DATA SCIENTIST:
- With a proven background in data science or computational biology
- Preferably a PhD in natural sciences
- With proven experience in leading digitalization projects
- With proven proficiency in programming
- Proficiency in MS Azure, Databricks, Python, SQL, Excel VBA an advantage
- Proficiency in development of machine learning models is an advantage
- With a solid background in statistics
- A background in agricultural science is an advantage
- With excellent oral and written communication skills in English
WHAT DO WE STAND FOR? WE ARE PIONEERS, PARTNERS AND PERFORMERS!
We offer the research environment of a successful and dynamic group with international flair, a state-of-the art computational infrastructure, close collaboration with other scientific experts, and the possibility to further develop your data science education with courses, training and conferences.
Have a look at our Sustainability Report to get to know us even better.
Here are some more good reasons to work for us.
WHAT ELSE DO YOU NEED TO KNOW?
- Reference Number: 757
- You will be based in Tulln (Austria)
- Your type of employment: 38.5 hours/week, full-time, permanent contract
- This position is available immediately however, we are happy to consider your notice period or your desired start date.
- Based on your classification in our ERBER Group career model, your professional experience and your qualification, we offer you an attractive total compensation package starting at € 60.000 gross p.a. (full-time incl. fix and variable components)
Are you ready to leave real ‘foodprints‘ with us? We are looking forward to your online application.
Do you have any questions? Please contact:Ms Sanja POLOJAC, +43 2782 803 0
Or visit our website: www.biomin.net