Beschreibung des Arbeitgebers
Do you have your Masters Degree and are you looking for a new challenge? Are you interested in doing a PhD and/or work within a multidisciplinary scientific environment with strong industry collaborations?
The Vehicle Safety Institute (www.vsi.tugraz.at) at Graz University of Technology offers a position as a
Research Assistant (f/m/d)
Within your main project, you will work on the creation of a novel pedestrian dataset, comprising intrinsic and extrinsic influencing factors on pedestrians motion. Your data-driven model will further be integrated in state of the art simulation environments.
This position focuses in particular on exploration of the transition between common and dangerous traffic situations. Therefore, you have to investigate on pedestrian accident data and derive common influencing factors, which lead to dangerous situations. Stochastic simulations should further help to simulate pedestrians more realistically, which is a prerequisite to improve active safety systems.
Sie bringen mit
- Masters Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Software Development or other technical studies (Maths, Physics, Mechanical Engineering, Geodesy, Electrical Engineering or similar)
- Good English skills
- Advanced programming skills in at least one programming language (ideally in Python and C++)
- Target-oriented independent working style and the ability to collaborate within a team
- Exciting diverse tasks in a research field with high impact
- Possibility to become a doctoral student and obtain a PhD in technical sciences
- Integration into a motivated, young team in Graz at the Campus Inffeldgasse
- Flexible working times
- Gross monthly salary according to the collective agreement (14x) for university project assistants (B1): 2.929
- Expected Starting Date: 01 January 2021
- Closing Date for Applicants: 30 November 2020
Informationen zu Bewerbung und Gehalt
Please send your CV and cover letter to [email protected]raz.at use [Application-INTERACT] as the subject. It would be great if you can include a link to an exemplary code repository, showing your work style in your application.