QC Expert / Senior Scientist (f/m/x) in C&G Therapy 80-100%
QC Expert / Sr. Scientist (m/f/x) in Cell & Gene Therapy 80-100%, Kundl, Austria
2020! It is year in which we are looking to hire an experienced QC Project Expert to strengthen our teams in Kundl and Basel and help us advance Novartis’ Cell and Gene Therapies pipeline.
Your responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Support cGMP analytics for assigned cell & gene therapy projects developed by our teams in Kundl, Austria and Basel, Switzerland
• Accountable for coordinating all GMP aspects of analytical activities for assigned projects, including method validation and transfer, management of contractor laboratories, establishment of release specifications, as well as planning and execution of stability studies
• Support facilitate planning, budgeting, and resource alignment for QC activities with GMP laboratories in- and outside of Novartis
• Communicate effectively across organizational interfaces, e.g. with different line functions, project management, regulatory affairs
• Proactively identify scientific, technological, and GMP issues, propose creative solutions, and communicate key issues to the appropriate management level
• Write high quality analytical registration documents for regulatory submissions
• Support interactions with regulatory authorities and act as technical specialist in audits or inspections
• Contribute actively to budget and resource planning
What you’ll bring to the role:
• University degree in e.g. chemistry, pharmacy or equivalent
• PhD with several years’ experience or MSc or other qualification with ≥ 2 years applicable experience in cGMP analytics
• Proven experience in cGMP-compliant analytics for biopharmaceutical and / or cell & gene therapy products is beneficial
• Proficiency in English (oral and written). German is desirable
• Prior experience in the development of plasmids or nucleic acid-based products is a plus
• Solid understanding of regulatory expectations and requirements for cell & gene therapy products / ATMPs
• Clear communication with a collaborative and patient-focused mindset.
• Well-developed planning, organizational, negotiation, problem solving and interpersonal skills.
Contact: Jennifer Kriedemann, Talent Acquisition & Staffing Business Partner, +44 7525 702920
Why consider Novartis?
799 million. That’s how many lives our products touched in 2019. And while we’re proud of that fact, in this world of digital and technological transformation, we must also ask ourselves this: how can we continue to improve and extend even more people’s lives?
We believe the answers are found when curious, courageous and collaborative people like you are brought together in an inspiring environment. Where you’re given opportunities to explore the power of digital and data. Where you’re empowered to risk failure by taking smart risks, and where you’re surrounded by people who share your determination to tackle the world’s toughest medical challenges.
We offer a market-competitive base salary in line with your qualification, experience and individual competencies. Additionally we offer an attractive incentive program, a modern company pension scheme, childcare facilities, learning & development options and worldwide career opportunities within the Novartis group. The base pay is composed of the respective amount according to the Austrian collective agreement (at least € 46,525.22 per year on a full time basis), plus a potential market oriented excess payment.
Imagine what you could do at Novartis!
Novartis are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons.
Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
Novartis embraces diversity, equal opportunity and inclusion. We are committed to building diverse teams, representative of the patients and communities we serve, and we strive to create an inclusive workplace that cultivates bold innovation through collaboration, and empowers our people to unleash their full potential.
Join our Novartis Network: If this role is not suitable to your experience or career goals but you wish to stay connected to learn more about Novartis and our career opportunities, join the Novartis Network here: https://talentnetwork.novartis.com/network