Research Group Loose
Full Time (40h) – Limited until December 31st, 2021 (extension t.b.d.)
Klosterneuburg (Vienna), Austria
€ 2,200* gross/month
IST Austria is growing. Grow with us!
IST Austria is a constantly growing international institute for conducting frontier research in mathematics, computer science, life sciences & physical sciences. We recruit passionate professionals from across the world over all fields who support our goal of excellent research. Located within a beautiful campus on the outskirts of Vienna, we offer multiple opportunities for personal growth in a stable working environment. Get an insight!
How are nanometer-sized proteins able to perform complex functions on a cellular scale? The Loose group studies the molecular mechanisms of intracellular self-organization by rebuilding cellular functions in a bottom-up approach. The group combines biochemical reconstitution experiments with advanced fluorescence microscopy, biomimetic membrane systems, and computer-aided image analysis. Further information: https://looselab.ist.ac.at/
- Generation of expression constructs and recombinant protein production
- Maintaining of insect cell culture
- Characterization of proteins with different analytical methods such as SDS-PAGE, Western blot and Fluorescence Microscopy assays
- Support of lab organization and ordering, including maintenance of reagent databases and training of new lab members
- University degree in biochemistry or related field
- Knowledge of various protein separation and purification techniques, including IMAC, IEX, SE chromatography and gel electrophoresis
- Proven experience in molecular biology techniques such as PCR, cloning and recombinant protein production in E. coli and insect cell expression systems is mandatory
- Excellent command of English (working language)
- Proactive personality and solution-oriented approach
- Strong organizational skills and reliability
To submit your application, please e-mail
Education & training
Free shuttle bus
Multiple health offers
* This position comes with possible overpayment depending on education, qualification and work experience. IST Austria processes your personal data in accordance with the law. For more information, please refer to www.ist.ac.at/data-protection.