Product Definition Engineer for High Voltage GaN Semiconductors (f/m/div)*
At a glance
You love technology and working on new products with customers? You are able to learn quickly and develop yourself as an application expert? You find joy in pulling on one string with a team of like-minded people ranging from Development to Marketing and Sales? Then this is exactly the right job for you: as Product Definition Engineer for High Voltage GaN Semiconductors in switched mode power supplies, you will work with key customers and be involved in requirement definitions as well as the concept and development phase of new products. Join our Power & Sensor Systems (PSS) Division and apply now for your #PSSDreamJob!
In your new job, you will:
- Define target specifications for power switch products in switched mode power supplies including definition of critical product details and preparation of application tests
- Support feasibility study and review concept / product architecture
- Be responsible for customer design-in support
- Define and create test boards and lab benches
- Conduct application specific lab testing including documentation of results
- Support internal verification and customer validation of prototypes
- Work with development, marketing and key-customers in the design in phase, provide on-site technical support for selected key customers and our sales force
- Drive future application specific product improvements and suggestions for new products in collaboration with product marketing / product development
- Provide and review technical content for product roadmap
- Generate promotion material based on value proposition
- Provide training and handover to Application Engineering
You drive your tasks with engagement, passion and pro-activeness. You are personally committed to the customer’s concerns, awarding them a high priority and are capable to resolve technical issues until completion. Your strong communication skills and team player mindset support you in your work within interdisciplinary and multicultural teams.
You are best equipped for this task if you have:
- A university / university of applied sciences degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent
- 3+ years of experience in the design, development and/or test of power supplies
- Experience with simulation (Simetrix, Simplis, Spice) and layout (Altium, Eagle) software
- Experience in technical customer support and intercultural communication
- Excellent English skills with German skills as a plus
- Openness to travel (mainly US and Asia) ~1x/quarter
This position is subject to the collective agreement for workers and employees in the electrical and electronics industry, employment group G-H. (https://www.feei.at/leistungen/informations-service/mindestlohne-und-gehalter-2020). A higher payment is negotiable depending on your expertise and skills.
Part of your life. Part of tomorrow.
We make life easier, safer and greener – with technology that achieves more, consumes less and is accessible to everyone. Microelectronics from Infineon is the key to a better future. Efficient use of energy, environmentally-friendly mobility and security in a connected world – we solve some of the most critical challenges that our society faces while taking a conscientious approach to the use of natural resources.
– Power & Sensor Systems (PSS) drives leading-edge power management, sensing and data transfer capabilities –
Infineon PSS semiconductors play a vital role in enabling intelligent power management, smart sensitivity as well as fast and reliable data processing in an increasingly digitalized world. Our leading-edge power devices make chargers, adapters, power tools and lighting systems smarter, smaller, lighter and more energy-efficient. Our trusted sensors increase the context sensitivity of “things” and systems such as HMI, and our RF chips power fast and reliable data communication.
At Infineon in Villach you shape the technologies of tomorrow and work in an international environment with more than 3500 colleagues from over 60 nations. Your personal contribution will be valued and appreciated as the cornerstones of our success. And all that in beautiful surroundings which guarantee a high quality of life.
The City of Villach is located in the center of Carinthia, Austria’s southernmost province, in close proximity to the Italian and Slovenian border. Living in Austria has many social, health-care-related and economic perks. The country’s social and health care system is among the best in the world and for decades numerous international surveys have singled out Austria as a particularly safe and wealthy country with a high quality of life. Villach itself benefits from its status as a “small town”, offering everyday living at affordable prices in an outstanding setting.
Find out what you like most about Villach and join us:
* The term gender in the sense of the General Equal Treatment Act (GETA) or other national legislation refers to the biological assignment to a gender group. At Infineon we are proud to embrace (gender) diversity, including female, male and diverse.
Talent Attraction Manager