Principal Scientist (m/f/d) – befristet bis Februar 2022
Principal Scientist (m/f/d), Global Drug Development, Schaftenau, Austria
799 million! That is how many patients we reach with our products every year, improving their lives. It is our aim to expand this to more than 1 billion – with your help and contribution as a Principal Scientist (m/f/d) in our development team.
Your responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Coordinate and lead all analytical activities of assigned projects
• Critically evaluate results and draw relevant conclusions
• Write comprehensive procedures or guidelines and drive their implementation
• Lead initiatives to ensure proactive compliance and continuous improvement
• Interact with authorities and act as technical specialist in audits and inspections
• Represent own technical function in teams and fulfill all project tasks and responsibilities related to the own subject area
What you’ll bring to the role:
• Technical expert studies with PhD and 3-5 years relevant industrial experience or equivalent technical education
• Excellent scientific project management and leadership skills
• Sound knowledge of laboratory and/or technical tools
• Proficient scientific/technical writing and presentation skills
• Fluent in English (oral and written), basic skills in German
Why consider Novartis?
799 million. That’s how many lives our products touched in 2019. And while we’re proud of that fact, in this world of digital and technological transformation, we must also ask ourselves this: how can we continue to improve and extend even more people’s lives?
We believe the answers are found when curious, courageous and collaborative people like you are brought together in an inspiring environment. Where you’re given opportunities to explore the power of digital and data. Where you’re empowered to risk failure by taking smart risks, and where you’re surrounded by people who share your determination to tackle the world’s toughest medical challenges.
We offer a market-competitive base salary in line with your qualification, experience and individual competencies. Additionally we offer an attractive incentive program, a modern company pension scheme, childcare facilities, learning & development options and worldwide career opportunities within the Novartis group. The base pay is composed of a market oriented excess payment and the respective amount according to the Austrian collective agreement (at least € 51.180,50 per year on a full time basis).
Imagine what you could do at Novartis!
Novartis are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons.
Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
Novartis embraces diversity, equal opportunity and inclusion. We are committed to building diverse teams, representative of the patients and communities we serve, and we strive to create an inclusive workplace that cultivates bold innovation through collaboration, and empowers our people to unleash their full potential.
Join our Novartis Network: If this role is not suitable to your experience or career goals but you wish to stay connected to learn more about Novartis and our career opportunities, join the Novartis Network here: https://talentnetwork.novartis.com/network