Principal Scientist (f/m/x) Downstream Process Development Cell & Gene Therapy
Principal Scientist (f/m/x) Downstream Process Development in Cell & Gen Therapy, Kundl, Austria
>200! This the current number of programs in clinical development at Novartis.
Many of these projects, which include new molecular entities as well as additional indications and different formulations for marketed products, are for medicines that could significantly advance treatment standards for patients worldwide.
Your responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Be part of a young, cross-functional R&D organization for development of manufacturing processes covering the full Novartis biologics and cell & gene therapy pipeline
• Act as functional specialist for (microbial) downstream process development (DSP) for the assigned project(s) for nucleic acids, biosimilars and/or new biological entities, covering the full Novartis biologics and cell and gene therapy pipeline
• Responsible for DSP activities incl. process development and process characterization
• Perform the successful technological transfer of our processes and know how to production sites according to global and local procedures
• Work in cross-functional teams in a matrix organization
• Identify proactively scientific, technological and operational issues, propose creative solutions and communicate key issues to internal and external customers and partners
What you’ll bring to the role:
• Master Degree in biotechnology, biochemical engineering, biology, chemistry, biochemistry or similar with at least 4 years strong relevant industry experience or PhD in relevant field and at least 1-2 years relevant industry experience
• Proficiency in English
• Experience in development of protein isolation from microbial cells, chromatography steps, normal flow and tangential flow filtration steps; proven ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects
• Excellent organizational skills, team player, agile and dedicated personality
• Excellent problem solving mind-set, attitude to resolve challenges, interdisciplinary thinking.
• Ability of accurately balancing between efforts, risks and benefits
Contact: Jennifer Kriedemann, Talent Acquisition & Staffing Business Partner, +44 7525 702920
Why consider Novartis?
799 million. That’s how many lives our products touched in 2019. And while we’re proud of that fact, in this world of digital and technological transformation, we must also ask ourselves this: how can we continue to improve and extend even more people’s lives?
We believe the answers are found when curious, courageous and collaborative people like you are brought together in an inspiring environment. Where you’re given opportunities to explore the power of digital and data. Where you’re empowered to risk failure by taking smart risks, and where you’re surrounded by people who share your determination to tackle the world’s toughest medical challenges.
We offer a market-competitive base salary in line with your qualification, experience and individual competencies. Additionally we offer an attractive incentive program, a modern company pension scheme, childcare facilities, learning & development options and worldwide career opportunities within the Novartis group. The base pay is composed of a market oriented excess payment and the respective amount according to the Austrian collective agreement (at least € 51,180.50 per year on a full time basis).
Imagine what you could do at Novartis!
Novartis are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons.
Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
Novartis embraces diversity, equal opportunity and inclusion. We are committed to building diverse teams, representative of the patients and communities we serve, and we strive to create an inclusive workplace that cultivates bold innovation through collaboration, and empowers our people to unleash their full potential.
Join our Novartis Network: If this role is not suitable to your experience or career goals but you wish to stay connected to learn more about Novartis and our career opportunities, join the Novartis Network here: https://talentnetwork.novartis.com/network