The Vienna Institute for International Economic Studies (wiiw) is one of the principal centres for economic research on Central, East and Southeast Europe (CESEE) with almost 50 years of experience. We have expanded our work on European integration issues more generally encompassing the CESEE EU member states, but also developments in the EU, in Wider Europe and its neighbourhood. We also cover a wide variety of issues in International Economics. Our overall thematic research covers macroeconomic analysis, international economics, labour markets, regional analysis, industrial organisation. Research projects are commissioned by national and international clients and emerge from applications to research funding agencies. We coordinate and are integrated in a large number of international research networks. For more details please visit our website.
specialised in international economics
- Applied empirical research in the field of international economics
- Widen our expertise in trade policy issues
- Acquisition and execution of research projects
- Project acquisitions also in areas outside the narrow research focus
- PhD in Economics (or close to completion)
- Expertise in trade policy
- Expertise in FDI and/or environmental issues is an advantage
- Interest in applied economic research
- Good quantitative and econometric skills (use of MS Office, Stata and/or R)
- Knowledge of both conventional and heterodox economic analyses
- Excellent English and German (written and oral); knowledge of East European languages is an advantage
- Very good (proposal) writing and presentation skills
- Flexibility as well as ability to work in teams
The position is limited to two years in the first instance; can be extended following a satisfactory probationary period.
Start: as soon as possible – ideally by June 2021
Monthly remuneration for the 40 weekly hours position will be € 3,945.90 gross, 14 times per year or above, depending on qualification. Women are particularly encouraged to apply.
Please send your application (with cover letter, CV, list of publications, copies of certificates) to firstname.lastname@example.org.