The Renewable Energy and Energy Efficiency Partnership (REEEP) is an impact-driven international organization that builds markets for clean energy in developing countries, primarily in Africa and Asia.
Our goals: increase energy access, reduce poverty, create economic opportunities, and combat climate change.
We are a unique bunch: a combination of (erstwhile) engineers, economists, lawyers, bankers, operations experts and development specialists who are bringing start-up energy and blue sky ideas to tackle big challenges.
REEEPs head office is in Vienna, Austria, but we work hand-in-hand with partners based in our countries of implementation.
PFAN Intern (40h/w)
REEEP is seeking a dedicated, proactive and flexible full-time intern to support the operations of the Private Financing Advisory Network (PFAN). The internship duration is from 3-6 months starting September.
The Private Financing Advisory Network (PFAN) is a programme hosted and executed by REEEP in partnership with the United Nations Industrial Development Organisation (UNIDO). PFANidentifies promising climate and clean energy businesses and projects in low- and middle income countries, and provides them with coaching and investor matchmaking services. PFAN is a multilateral public-private partnership initiated in 2006 by the Climate Technology Initiative, in cooperation with the UNFCCCs Expert Group on Technology Transfer. Through its activities, PFAN helps mobilize private-sector financing for clean energy and climate-change-technology transfer and diffusion to low- and middle-income countries.
For more information please visit our website:https://pfan.net/
About the Role
As part of the PFAN Operations team, the PFAN Intern will work in close collaboration with the PFAN Officers, the head of PFAN Operations and will report to the PFAN Director. The intern will support the Operations Team in their day-to-day activities, with an emphasis on the accurate and timely management of data and systems, besides a variety of tasks:
- Project data gap analysis and collection for Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) and donor reporting purposes
- System testing of Climate Invest, PFANs workflow management system
- Drafting capacity building material for Project Developers, Advisors and Country Coordinators on how to use Climate Invest
- Provision of support to climate adaptation and clean energy project developers applying for PFAN services
- Coordinating with PFAN Advisors and Country Coordinators on deliverables submission and collection
- Eligibility reviews of incoming PFAN project applications from climate adaptation and clean energy project developers across PFAN regions: Latin America & Caribbean, Sub-Saharan Africa, South and Southeast Asia, Pacific and Eastern Europe & Central Asia. This includes the evaluation of business plans and financial models
- The PFAN Intern will be taught how to use RETScreen software to calculate the GHG-reductions of PFANs project pipeline and as a result is expected to support the calculation of GHG reductions of incoming projects
- Other tasks as defined by the Senior Manager, PFAN Operation and the PFAN Officers
Sie bringen mit
About the Profile
We are looking for a person with the following qualifications and experience:
- Students of recent graduates in one of the following subjects: Information Technology, Computer Science, Information Systems, Statistics, Economics, Business Administration or related fields with strong quantitative elements
- Highly proficient with MS Excel and solid command of other MS Office programs
- Strong attention to detail, numbers and data-oriented, meticulous and diligent
- Proactive, independent, service-oriented team player and problem solver
- Solid interpersonal, communication and time management skills
- Proven ability to work effectively in a multicultural environment
- Excellent command of English, REEEPs working language, knowledge of French or Spanish or Russian is an asset (but not required)
- Previous experience or knowledge of data management and analysis, systems testing and customer relationship management systems (CRM) is an asset
- Work experience in project management or related tasks is an asset
About the Package
For a 40 h/week full-time intern position REEEP offers a monthly salary of EUR 600,- (gross, paid 12 times per year, subject to Austrian social security deduction, currently free of income tax due to REEEPs status as Quasi International Organisation).
It further includes five weeks paid leave per year, as well as an average of 14 Austrian and UN holidays per annum. A 6 months position will be pro-rated accordingly.
The envisaged starting date is latest in September 2020, and the envisaged duration is for 3 to 6 months. Please indicate how long you would be able to do the internship for in your cover letter/email.
The office location is the Vienna International Centre (UNO City) in Vienna, Austria. REEEP is not in the position to cover relocation costs or any other travel costs incurred, e.g. for job interviews.Due to its special legal status, applicants must have a valid residency permit for Austria/EU, but do not require a work permit.
REEEP encourages equal opportunities regardless of age, gender, race, religion, marital status, physical or mental disability, or sexual orientation.
Informationen zu Bewerbung und Gehalt
About the Application
Interested applicants are kindly requested to address their CV and motivation letter [email protected]. Please note that only complete and timely applications shall be considered. The selection procedure may include interviews and a written test. The internship duration is from 3-6 months starting September. Please state how long you would be able to do the internship for in your cover letter/email.
Application deadline: 2 August 2020 (midnight CET)
This is an advertisement for a full-time staff position. Please do not contact us unless you are applying for a position. Solicitations from service providers and brokers will be deleted and marked as spam.
By sending us your application, you consent to the processing of your personal data indicated in your application documents and related correspondence. Your application is treated strictly confidentially and in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). Your personal data and application documents are only shared with REEEP staff and REEEP Governing Board members of the evaluation committee directly involved in the application process. In exceptional cases, recruitment processes include panel interviews which involve external members. If you are invited to such a panel interview, your application documents will also be shared with external panellists to allow them to prepare for the interview. REEEP will store your personal data and documents until six months after the application process has been completed, unless you consent to REEEP keeping your application in evidence for future job openings. Please see our Privacy Statement for further information on your rights under the GDPR and REEEPs contact data.