Beschreibung des Arbeitgebers
Solgateis a new research-driven biopharmaceutical startup that develops drugs targeting solute carrier (SLC) proteins, the largest family of membrane transporters. By modulating the function of the gates to cellular metabolism, Solgate aims to address unmet medical needs in neurological diseases, in metabolic disorders and in cancer.Solgate is located in the newly established IST Park, a space housing a growing community of technology startups and biotech companies, adjacent to IST Austria in Klosterneuburg.
Solgate is seeking to hire a motivated and accomplished Medicinal Chemist to join our fast-growing interdisciplinary research team, together developing novel small molecule therapeutics that modulate the functions of membrane transporters.
Role and Responsibilities
- Employ innovative problem-solving skills in synthetic, medicinal chemistry and/or chemical biology to develop drug candidates
- Design, synthesize and quality control drug candidates and/or chemical probes
- Provide leadership in the laboratory through scientific/technical mentoring, including scientific and managerial leadership to chemistry CRO
- Engage in multidisciplinary research projects and closely collaborate with Solgate biologists to enable target identification and hit-to-lead optimization
- Establish and maintain a synthetic chemistry laboratory and the required regulatory permissions
- Organize, summarize and deliver data, in written and oral presentations
- Contribute to documentation,laboratory infrastructure management, and patent preparation
Sie bringen mit
To accomplish the responsibilities of this role, the candidate must demonstrate excellent interpersonal, organization and communication skills in addition to rigorous scientific thinking.
- Ph.D. in Chemistry, Chemical Biology or Medicinal Chemistry, with expertise in small molecule drug discovery and strong synthetic organic chemistry skills.
- 3+ years of industry/academic postdoctoral experience with a proven track record of drug discovery success.
- Having led program(s) that have delivered drug development candidatesis considered an asset.
- Proactive, efficient team player who is able to work both independently and as part of an interdisciplinary team.
- Experience in project leadership demonstrated by creative problem solvingand excellent planning and analytical skills
- Experience in managing CRO resources, knowledge of ADME principles, and/or expertise in fragment-based ligand discovery are considered valued assets.
- Fluency in English (spoken and written).
At Solgate, you will have the opportunity to expand your knowledge and skills to advance your career, by contributing to the growth of Solgate from its early days. The monthly minimum (gross) salary amounts to 3889 . The level and conditions will be determined based on experience and track record.
Informationen zu Bewerbung und Gehalt
To apply, please submit, as a single document, your letter of motivation and your curriculum vitae (including the contact details of two references) by e-mail to Ariel Bensimon ([email protected]).Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled.