AVL is the world’s largest independent company for development of powertrains (combustion engines, hybrid systems, electric drive) as well as simulation and test systems for passenger cars, trucks and marine engines.
We offer a master thesis:
Modelling and simulation of HV circuit architecture in electric vehicle
Through the shift in the automobile industry to electrified powertrains, the demand for electric drive (e-drive) systems is booming. Stability and robustness must be guaranteed in the HV circuit, including interactions between electric machine, inverter, battery and auxiliaries. Highly integrated vehicle architectures with, for example, 2 inverters and 2 machines, shall operate avoiding system electric resonances and control instability.
- Literature study
- Electric circuit simulation of different HV architectures
- Study of system resonances under extreme load cases
- Analysis of resonance effect on component lifetime
- Optimization of system components regarding performance and lifetime
- Reporting and summarizing the methodology
- Electrical, Electronic or Mechanical engineering, Technical physics
- Experience in electric circuit simulation and electronics is appreciated
- Language: English or German
Remuneration: The successful completion of the thesis is remunerated with a one-time fee of EUR 2,500 before tax.
According to the Austrian Employment of Foreign Nationals Act it is unfortunately not possible to assign graduate work to third-country citizens (Non-EU citizens) who study at a university abroad.