Medical Therapeutic Area Lead Oncology (f/m/d)
Job ID: R-091563
At AstraZeneca we believe in the potential of our people and we’ll develop you beyond what you thought possible. We make the most of your skills and passion by actively supporting you to see what you can achieve no matter where you start with us. As a Medical TA Lead Oncology, you can bring in your ideas and capabilities with enthusiasm and competence to make a difference patients’ lives.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Support the implementation of the overall strategy for the TA in a cross functional model
- Integrates, interprets and disseminates scientific evidence and content on AZ products and disease areas of focus to support the brand strategy and to support disease/product value messages to internal and external stakeholders.
- Identifies, prioritises and reviews opportunities to generate evidence to clinically differentiate AZ products and better understand overall disease state management based on external stakeholder perspectives and the needs of AZ regions and markets
- Leads development of specific scientific communications activities e.g. conference symposia or specific scientific meetings sponsored by AZ, such as external physician or patient expert meetings
- Delivers the appropriate interpretation and preserves the integrity of medical evidence
- Accountability for the Development and execution of the medical affairs plan according to budget and timelines
- Works in a strategic partnership with the Franchise Team, Market Access Team, and Alliance Partners, providing key input in the local operational brand strategy by ensuring input of KEE, customer insights and competitive intelligence
- Acts as the patient insight expert in the assigned disease and therapeutic area team by deeply understanding the unique needs, experiences, patient journey and relevant outcomes for patients
- Facilitates patient insight knowledge sharing by raising awareness about patient insight strategies and activities
- Maintains a good working knowledge of company standards on medicines promotion and supports the Nominated Signatories in ensuring compliance standards for external audiences
- Sustains a “patient focus” in all design and interpretation activities (i.e. internal stakeholders, regulators, payers, prescribers, patients)
- Keeps own knowledge of best practices and relevant developments up to date
- Provide strong leadership in managing the team including Medical Affairs Managers and/or Medical Science Liaisons
- Responsible for supervising the TA Medical Affair’s activities, ensuring operational excellence.
- Responsible for establishing strong working interfaces between the Medical Affairs team and other functions.
- Coach and develop MSLs to be best in class capabilities (scientific expertise, communication skills, business acumen) and ensure development and execution of the MSL Action Plans
- Create and manage budget and allocation of Medical resources according to the overall strategy
- Responsible for driving the establishment of a network of external medical experts within the TA to supplement internal medical resources.
- Engage with key external stakeholders
- Drive high level of ethics, quality and integrity complying with all relevant standards, regulations and legislation
- Assures tasks are of correct quality and in accordance with written procedures and current legal requirements and internal standards
- Accountable for the team’s and individuals’ level of competence being right as well as their compliance to current legal requirements and internal standards
- MD, PhD, PharmD or comparable degree in natural sciences
- Thorough knowledge and experience within the pharmaceutical industry, health care systems and payer structures including at least 3 years as Medical Affairs Manager,
- Thorough knowledge within the therapeutic areas of Woman’s, Genitourinary and Gastrointestinal Cancer
- Team Player with proven track record of cross functional collaboration
- Project and stakeholder management experience
- Experience with evidence generation and clinical trial methodology
- High ethical standards
- Possesses business-accumen and thinking, able to apply this without compromising the scientific and ethical standards
- Structured and organized
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Good understanding of Pharmaceutical Development (e.g. Clinical Research and R&D strategy)
- Understanding of the latest technical, regulatory, policy and real-world evidence generation dimensions
- Budget and financial management experience and knowledge
- Experience delivering country medical affairs plans
- Proven Experience and track record of strong content and lateral leadership skills, eventually line-management