Master Thesis: Voltage Regulation Investigation for Hybrid DC to DC Converter
At a glance
The Power & Sensor Systems (PSS) portfolio is very diverse. One of PSS’s core areas of expertise is semiconductors for power supplies. PSS products make adapters and chargers smaller, lighter and more efficient. PSS also develops key components for mobile devices, for example silicon microphones based on MEMS (micro-electromechanical systems).
Overview research activities:
- Modeling and simulation of concepts for voltage regulation in hybrid converters
- Firmware implementation of regulation methods in XMC controller
- Efficiency measurements in the lab
- Documentation of evaluation results
Start: Summer 2020
Type of employment: Full-time / temporary
Duration: min. 6 months
You are best equipped for this task if you have:
- Electronic study or a similar subject
- Are fluent in English
- Are you a team player with strong interpersonal skills and have the ability to work with various interfaces
- A strong analytical and strategic way of thinking and are interested in technical matters
- Are well organized with an ability to work independently and proactively
- Are highly motivated with a can-do mentality and flexibility
This position is subject to the collective agreement for workers and employees in the electrical and electronics industry. The salary for this position is 2.242,19 Euro gross p.m.(full-time basis).
Please attach the following documents (german or english) to your application:
- Motivation letter
- Certificate of matriculation at a university
- Transcript of records
- Highest completed educational certificate (Matura certificate for Bachelor students, Bachelor certificate for Master students)
- Reference letter
Part of your life. Part of tomorrow.
We make life easier, safer and greener – with technology that achieves more, consumes less and is accessible to everyone. Microelectronics from Infineon is the key to a better future. Efficient use of energy, environmentally-friendly mobility and security in a connected world – we solve some of the most critical challenges that our society faces while taking a conscientious approach to the use of natural resources.
–Power & Sensor Systems (PSS) drives leading-edge power management, sensing and data transfer capabilities –
Infineon PSS semiconductors play a vital role in enabling intelligent power management, smart sensitivity as well as fast and reliable data processing in an increasingly digitalized world. Our leading-edge power devices make chargers, adapters, power tools and lighting systems smarter, smaller, lighter and more energy-efficient. Our trusted sensors increase the context sensitivity of “things” and systems such as HMI, and our RF chips power fast and reliable data communication.
Infineon Hub – Connect. Create. Challenge.
The iHub at TU Wien represents an inspiring tech platform, networking area and event location, connecting Infineon Austria with tech experts, science specialists and young professionals.
Check out our upcoming events:
Student Attraction Manager