Lab Technician (m/f/d) Biologics Analytical Operations
Lab Technician (m/f/d), Biologics Analytical Operations, Schaftenau, Austria
22! You will be part of a team of 27 people developing Biosimilars and new Biologic drugs. Our team is responsible to release the products for clinical trials and defining the shelf life of the product. You as a lab technician (m/f/d) will be supportive to the release of the products as well as the qualification of the analytical equipment according to current GMP guidelines.
Your responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• GMP environment: perform and document operational tasks or scientific experiments, like GMP testing, release, validation
• Schedule and perform maintenance, qualification, calibration or cleaning of conventional instruments/equipment
• Keep record of chemicals, intermediates, excipients, or consumables
• Work according to appropriate standards for quality, ethics, health, safety, environment protection, and information security
• Documentation of raw data, evaluate results for routinely applied methods or procedures according to organizational workflows
• Write basic lab procedures based on templates under supervision
• Recognize, communicate and provide input to the solution of problems (e.g. deviations or unexpected results from experiments); address and solve simple problems within own assigned area of responsibility
• Adapt or optimize existing lab methods under supervision
What you’ll bring to the role:
• Apprenticeship in industry (or equivalent technical education) with 3 years’ experience in industry or equivalent
• Proven experience within GMP environment
• Good communication skills in English, German beneficial
• Good knowledge of laboratory and/or technical tools, adequate knowledge of software and computer tools (e.g. Chromeleon)
• Solid understanding with analytical methods / technologies (ideally HPLC and CE)
• Awareness for safe handling of chemicals, potentially dangerous materials and equipment.
• Good documentation skills
Contact: Jennifer Kriedemann, Talent Acquisition & Staffing Business Partner, +44 7525 702920
Why consider Novartis?
799 million. That’s how many lives our products touched in 2019. And while we’re proud of that fact, in this world of digital and technological transformation, we must also ask ourselves this: how can we continue to improve and extend even more people’s lives?
We believe the answers are found when curious, courageous and collaborative people like you are brought together in an inspiring environment. Where you’re given opportunities to explore the power of digital and data. Where you’re empowered to risk failure by taking smart risks, and where you’re surrounded by people who share your determination to tackle the world’s toughest medical challenges.
We offer a market-competitive base salary in line with your qualification, experience and individual competencies. Additionally we offer an attractive incentive program, a modern company pension scheme, childcare facilities, learning & development options and worldwide career opportunities within the Novartis group. The base pay is composed of the respective amount according to the Austrian collective agreement (at least € 37.016,14 per year on a full time basis), plus a potential market oriented excess payment.
Imagine what you could do at Novartis!
Novartis are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons.
Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
Novartis embraces diversity, equal opportunity and inclusion. We are committed to building diverse teams, representative of the patients and communities we serve, and we strive to create an inclusive workplace that cultivates bold innovation through collaboration, and empowers our people to unleash their full potential.
Join our Novartis Network: If this role is not suitable to your experience or career goals but you wish to stay connected to learn more about Novartis and our career opportunities, join the Novartis Network here: https://talentnetwork.novartis.com/network