Junior VAT Compliance Officer – 100%
Founded in 1948, Ameropa is a Swiss, privately owned international agri-business. We produce, originate and market fertilizers and grains. Our headquarters are in Binningen, Switzerland, near the city of Basel. We have regional offices on all five continents and invest globally in assets supporting our business activities.
+ POSITION OVERVIEW
We are looking for a Junior VAT compliance officer who will be based in our subsidiary Ameropa Ges.m.b.H. in 1010 Vienna, Austria. This position requires occasional travel to Switzerland. As Junior VAT compliance officer you will frequently interact with other functional areas of Finance (Accounting and Controlling) as well as Operations (Traders and Back Office Operations).
+ MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prepare and file the VAT declarations for the European numbers (VAT returns, EC Sales list and Intrastat)
- Check and ensure that the correct VAT treatment is used (cross-checks between IT system and physical documents)
- Review the VAT supporting documentation and completeness of the file for each transaction in scope
- Offer support to the business on VAT matters
- Support the VAT manager in the preparation of VAT audits and other queries from the tax authorities
- Support the VAT Manager in VAT optimization (review existing processes and initiate simplifications/improvements, maximize VAT reclaiming efficiency)
- Support in the update and maintenance of internal VAT compliance related documentation (e.g. VAT manual, guidelines, training materials etc.)
+ CANDIDATE PROFILE
- Good knowledge of European VAT (goods and services) and Incoterms
- 2-3 years experience in European VAT (preferably in industry)
- Proficient experience with Microsoft office/excel
- Experience with MS Dynamics AX / Navision would be an asset
- Tertiary education in Law, Finance, Accounting, Economics or Business Administration
- Fluent in English
- Capacity to work with large amount of data and critical thinking in identifying issues
- Persistence and meticulousness in working with other departments
In case of interest please send your full application (CV, motivational letter, work certificates & diplomas) to Ms. Ilona Zaharevica (firstname.lastname@example.org). Please mark your application “Junior VAT compliance officer”.