Junior Research Engineer (m/f/d) Solid State Battery Material Development
- The battery is the centrepiece of modern electric drive concepts. In order to make this electric energy storage unit as efficient, powerful, cost-effective and safe as possible, together with our international multidisciplinary team of scientists, students, engineers and technicians you will develop the next generation of energy storage materials for a sustainable electromobility.
- You develop new materials for energy storage applications and characterise them using techniques such as XRD, SEM and TGA/DTA – particular focus on post-Lithium Ion technologies (e.g. Mg-Ion).
- You gain first experiences in project acquisition, definition and proposal writing.
- You start to build a network with both industrial and academic partners.
- You write scientific publications and support other scientists in doing so.
- You supervise international interns and Master students.
- Your results contribute to the success of our current research and development projects.
- You actively support applications for new projects.
- You will have the chance to work on cutting edge technologies within our modern state-of-the-art laboratories and will establish new methods and processes within our post-Lithium Ion team.
- Your results will build your expertise and international recognition within the area.
- You hold a completed MSc. degree in chemistry, physics or materials science
- You have first experiences in electrochemical characterisation and materials development for energy storage (use of Maccor, Biologic or comparable systems)
- You have experiences in Lithium ion technologies, but ideally have had first experiences with Post-Lithium Ion materials, e.g. solid-state electrolytes
- You have good experience in materials synthesis and working in a chemical laboratory
- You are a good communicator and highly motivated team player
- Very good English (written and spoken at technical level), German desirable, but not necessary
The minimum gross annual salary according to the collective agreement is EUR 44.478,–. The actual salary will be determined individually, based on your qualifications and experience. In addition, we offer company benefits, flexible working conditions, individual training and career opportunities.
TOMORROW TODAY – WITH YOU?
Please submit your application documents including CV, cover letter and certificates online https://jobs.ait.ac.at/Job/154344
- Address Giefinggasse
- Salary Offer 44.478/year