Head of HSE&Q (m/f)
About the role
Looking for a challenging role where you can grow and develop your skills?
Would you like to work in a people-focused company with a collaborative and supportive company culture?
Borealis is one of the world’s leading providers of advanced and circular polyolefin solutions and a European market leader in base chemicals, fertilizers and the mechanical recycling of plastics. We leverage our polymers expertise and decades of experience to offer value adding, innovative and circular material solutions for key industries. In reinventing for more sustainable living, we build on our commitment to safety, our people and excellence as we accelerate the transformation to a circular economy and expand our geographical footprint.
With head offices in Vienna, Austria, Borealis employs 6,900 employees and operates in over 120 countries.
In our Fertilizer business, we provide sustainable crop nutrition and environmental solutions, which are essential for the growing world population. We are the trusted partner to our customers in agriculture and industry. We strive for excellence in all we do to benefit our stakeholders.
Main contributions and responsibilities:
- Responsible for developing, implementing and following up Product Stewardship strategy.
- Ensuring licenses for both operational and commercial Borealis raw materials and products are valid.
- Ensure compliance with national laws and internal procedures and processes related to HSE.
- Strive for continuous improvement of Leadership and HSEQ through benchmarking processes, sharing of best practices and knowledge
- Delivery of HSE&Q KPIs and targets to monitor performance.
- Ensure and maintain all necessary certifications (ISO, FE, …) to ensure customers satisfaction.
- Thorough understanding of industry, markets, suppliers, customers, competitors.
- Excellent knowledge and experience of HSE and Quality process management.
- Extensive international experience, both in terms of business and culture.
- Recognised for successful management of change, monitoring complexity, diversity and risks.
- Master’s degree from acknowledged university, or equivalent, plus possibly an MBA / PhD.
- Experience in the role: 5 years as a HSE manager or Site Manager.
- Total experience: 15+ years’ experience in process industry.
- Mastery of English at business level, French or German as main language would be a plus.
About Borealis and our offer
Following Austrian law regulations we offer, reflecting your experiences, skills and competencies, competitive compensation based on the collective labour agreement chemical industry starting at EUR 123.264,– annual gross salary (based on 38 hrs/week) and are willing to pay more based on your experience and background.
Employment and location: Office location at one of the production locations in France or Austria (Main sites at Rouen or Linz). Will report directly to the Chief Operating Officer (COO) within Borealis NITRO organisation.
About Borealis and CV: We reserve the right to close this vacancy for further applications when we have received sufficient applications that meet the advertised requirements and will contact you as soon as screening is closed. If you are interested in this role and meet most of the above profile criteria, please apply online and attach your CV and covering letter. Thank you for applying online via your Horizon Careers site to the attention of Waltraud Resch
Location: Austria, Linz or France, Grand-Quevilly
Type of Contract: permanent
Borealis believes businesses can only grow sustainably in a healthy environment and stable society. Borealis’ commitment to sustainability and to creating value for society is firmly anchored in its vision of Value Creation Through Innovation. The company’s products and solutions have a positive impact on society, by addressing challenges such as climate change, access to energy, water, food and healthcare. If you want to Keep Discovering, visit careers. borealisgroup.com or www.borealisgroup.com and follow us on LinkedIn.