Head of Group Special Exposures Management (Workout) – (f/m/x)
S/he will bring a results-oriented mindset, a winning spirit, a passionate commitment to disruptive change, and the constant desire to maximize recovery and optimize the level of NPE.
Candidates for this role will bring an entrepreneurial “out-of-the-box” personality, a passion for achievement, and the ambition to work in a group which is setting new standards. S/he aims to contribute to our vision in becoming the most recommended financial services group.
Applications are welcome until November 25th, 2020!
What you can expect:
- Drive the strategic development in line with our strategic roadmap to the next level and define strategy for maximizing recovery and optimizing level of NPE
- Strive for constant group wide improvement and continuous innovation of approval authorities, workout processes/performance and policies, best practices, reporting standards etc. and support Network units (NWUs) in implementing them.
- Fosters automation and data-based decision making.
- Delegated authority under §9 BWG: KYC, GDPR, ecc.
- Decide on workout strategies for large/complex customers, consider alternatives, approve additional exposure or initiate exit strategies in the best interest of the group.
- Decide on a common strategy in complex multi-unit-workout cases and get directly involved in negotiations on a selective basis.
- Foster close contacts to NWUs to ensure intensive cooperation and evaluation regarding the local process.
- Liaise with NWU Management and Supervisory Board members of NWUs regarding workout process, decisions and corrective actions.
- Organize regular Workout Conferences and lessons learned workshops for the group.
- Execute own approval authority properly and supervise decisions by department heads.
- Establish adequacy of loan loss provisions in RBI Group.
- Supervise recovery and follow up on workout relevant data and submit regular reports to RBI board and RBI supervisory board.
- Close alignment with other respective board areas and foster collaboration according to our corporate values
- Responsible for the budgeting process of the entire division
- Manage the respective expert teams in head-office, a true leader who is driving the culture
- Strong personality which sees the big picture and knows how to deal with ambiguity and critical situations and seeks for collaborative constructive solutions
What you bring to the table:
- Relevant university degree (e.g. business or legal) or broad profound working experience
- Proven track record of +12 years’ experience in banking with special emphasis on risk management
- Substantial experience covering legal aspects, restructuring questions, negotiation tactics with several parties involved
- Strong execution capabilities
- Strong analytical capabilities, a quick grasp of complex transactions is necessary
- Comprehensive distressed assets management and debt restructuring knowledge
- Profound know-how of regulatory requirements as well as bankruptcy law in Austria and basic knowledge in international bankruptcy legislation required.
- Excellent command of English language; German would be an advantage
- Strategically agile; thinks ahead and is curious and eager to act in a highly demanding environment
- Outstanding problem-solving skills by tackling issues in a beneficial manner and the ability to champion continuous improvement
- Taking a ‘risk stance’, able to defend it against peers if necessary
- Strong personality which sees the big picture and knows how to deal with ambiguity and critical situations
- Reflexive personality, who is used to give and receive constructive feedback on all different hierarchy levels
What we offer:
- You’ll work in an international team at a leading bank
- You’ll benefit from flexible working arrangements and determine your own work-life balance
- You’ll benefit from the very latest in tailored professional development
- You’ll earn an appropriate salary starting at gross € 157.500,- p.a. including overtime
RBI AG is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ethnicity, race or color, national origin, religion, political or other opinion, gender, sexual orientation or disability.