JTI – Japan Tobacco International – is a leading international tobacco company with headquarters in Geneva. As part of the JT-Group, JTI sells its brands in more than 130 countries with around 44,000 employees in over 70 countries worldwide. We develop, test and bring to market new and innovative forms of Reduced Risk Products (RRP), such as e-cigarettes and tobacco vapor products and other alternative nicotine delivery systems.
In Vienna we are about to enforce our R&D strength by transferring our Product & Technology Development Capabilities for our Reduced Risk Products (RRP) into a newly formed organization. Therefore, we are looking for a curious, collaborative and innovation-driven team player for the role of
Hardware Engineer Electronics (f/m/d)
What will you do?
- Develop, design and optimize our reduced risk products with specific focus on electronic design, battery and power management, wireless charging as well as associated specifications
- Provide electronic design of our reduced risk products ensuring that the overall design, PCB layouts and components meet technical and functional requirements and are appropriately specified
- Develop internal and external testing and verification procedures for the electronic testing and assessment of prototypes in regards to battery performance (functionality & safety), PCBA testing as well as related testing with software/firmware and mechanical design
- Support the generation/advancement of novel electronics technology by peering with our internal regulatory teams as well as by establishing electronic technology platforms
- Participate in design review meetings and risk management activities during the development process
Who are we looking for?
- A degree in electrical engineering/mechatronics or equivalent (HTL/FH/Uni)
- Achievements in electronics engineering including use of application standards for electronics design and implementation, FMEA, Bluetooth-/Wifi-Technology ideally in the consumer goods/medical devices industry
- Interest & know how in the following areas: PCB Design, electronic schematics, selection of microprocessors and integrated circuits, battery design/selection (preferably Li-ion technology), component selection, battery and power management, modules and suppliers on the market
- A solid working knowledge of English (German is considered a plus)
- The passion to look beyond the horizon and you are eager to work within Agile (Scrum) Ways of Working as well as within a traditional V-model
We offer you attractive working conditions in an international company with modern equipment in a good location in Vienna’s 16th district. In addition to extensive social benefits, a total annual gross salary of at least € 60.000 is provided for this position if the requirements are met. Depending on qualification and previous experience, the willingness to overpay is given.
Join our team and take advantage of the excellent development and career opportunities at Austria’s Number 1 Top Employer. Are you interested in this exciting opportunity? We look forward to receiving your application in English!