The RESOLUTE consortium is a public-private research partnership with 13 partners from academia and the pharmaceutical industry supported by the Innovative Medicines Initiative (https://re-solute.eu). CeMM, the Research Center for Molecular Medicine of the Austrian Academy of Sciences has the key role of data management and data analysis in the RESOLUTE consortium. We are seeking a Front-End Web Developer to join our team effort in building web services and user interfaces for efficient management of all data generated within this project.
Front-End Web Developer
- bachelor’s degree or higher in computer science (or comparable experience)
- goal-oriented personality, able to contribute and see ahead of the current development timeline
- professional working proficiency in English
- experience with additional programming languages (e.g. Python)
- experience working in Linux environments
- familiarity with the design principles and maintenance of relational databases
- know-how in continuous development and deployment tools
- know-how in containerization strategies
- Back-End: Node.js server in TypeScript and TypeORM as DAL
- Database: PostgreSQL
- Front-End: Vue.js, Quasar, Plotly, Vega-Lite
- API: GraphQL, Postgraphile
- CI/CD: GitLab and Docker
- an international, highly motivated team working together in a cooperative mode
- work closely with data scientists and molecular biologists from both academia and pharmaceutical companies to develop tools supporting efficient management of big data produced by the consortium
- play an active role in data modelling, software development and user interface design, using cutting-edge web technologies
- training opportunities
- daily bonus for in-house restaurant
- the contract for this position is limited to 7 months
- minimum annual gross salary 40,000 EUR with possibility of overpayment according to experience and qualifications
What you can expect
Next to your application, please solve the following coding challenge using JSFiddle (https://jsfiddle.net/) and provide the resulting JSFiddle URL in your motivation letter:
Create a front-end application that allows managing a company-internal contact list. All contacts should be listed in a table with three columns: first name, last name, email. Next to the table, there should be an input form which allows adding a new contact. The email address should be always composed of the first letter of the first name, the full last name, and ending with the domain cemm.at (e.g. [email protected]).
For implementation you might use any of the major web component frameworks. On top of these minimal requirements, you might add some additional functionality as you seem fit. But please keep your solution simple, small and readable.
Applications without any solution will not be considered.
Please apply online with a motivation letter explaining why you are the ideal candidate for this position, the link to your coding challenge solution and your curriculum vitae, all in a single PDF document with max. 3 pages. Please visit our career page and click on “apply now” to upload your application:
At CeMM we are committed to increasing the percentage of female scientists working in life sciences, and thus we strongly encourage female applicants.
Closing date for applications: 30.04.2020 (Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis)
Preferred starting date: 01.07.2020