JTI – Japan Tobacco International – is a leading international tobacco company with headquarters in Geneva. As part of the JT-Group, JTI sells its brands in more than 130 countries with around 44,000 employees in over 70 countries worldwide.
We develop, test and bring to market new and innovative forms of Reduced Risk Products (RRP) such as e-cigarettes and tobacco vapor products and other alternative nicotine delivery systems.
In Vienna we are about to enforce our R&D strength by transferring our Product & Technology Development Capabilities for our Reduced Risk Products (RRP) into a newly formed organization. Therefore, we are looking for a curious, collaborative and innovation-driven team player for the role of
Firmware Engineer for Embedded Software (f/m/d)
What will you do?
- Develop and maintain firmware and data analytics technology standards
- Provide the necessary expertise in software design and implementation to develop suitable technical features and functionalities into our product portfolio and prototypes
- Connect our development teams by consulting them which technology and how it can be used during the development process, especially in terms of technical standards relating to software
- Support our product and technology development teams by developing relevant input to technical requirements, development plans, risk management, verification and validation tests for prototypes and final specification of devices
- Manage device-related communication (e.g. Bluetooth) protocols and test requirements for devices with smartphone App functionalities
- Coordinate vendor relationships as well as development activities with key suppliers
- Communicate and manage firmware and software version change control for devices and consumables ensuring traceability through effective change control procedures
Who are we looking for?
- A degree in electrical engineering/telematics/mechatronics/software development or equivalent (HTL/FH/Uni)
- Achievements in microcontroller based firmware development, embedded software development as well as know how in existing development-, debugging- and simulation-tools
- Experience in developing firmware for security critical systems (e.g. MISRA C) is highly desirable
- Min. of 3 years working experience preferably in development roles for a consumer electronics or medical device industry
- A solid working knowledge of English (German is considered a plus)
- Interest & skills in the following areas: firmware/software design, electronics, mechanical design, design & implementation, risk management, verification & validation, intellectual property
- The passion to look beyond the horizon and you are eager to work within Agile (Scrum) Ways of Working as well as within a traditional V-model
We offer you attractive working conditions in an international company with modern equipment in a good location in Vienna`s 16th district. In addition to extensive social benefits, a total annual gross salary of at least € 60.000 is provided for this position if the requirements are met. Depending on qualification and previous experience, the willingness to overpay is given.
Join our team and take advantage of the excellent development and career opportunities at Austria’s Number 1 Top Employer. Are you interested in this exciting opportunity? We look forward to receiving your application in English!