The Vienna Institute for International Economic Studies (wiiw) is one of the principal centres for economic research on Central, East and Southeast Europe (CESEE) with more than 45 years of experience. We have expanded our work on European integration issues more generally encompassing the CESEE EU member states, but also developments in Wider Europe and its neighbourhood. We also cover a wide variety of issues in International Economics. Our thematic research covers macroeconomic analysis, international economics, labour markets, regional analysis, industrial organisation. Research projects are commissioned by national and international clients and emerge from applications to research funding agencies. We coordinate and are integrated in a large number of international research networks. For more details please visit our website: wiiw.ac.at
interested in Labour Markets, Migration and Income Distribution and Central, East and Southeast Europe (CESEE)
- Widen our expertise on labour markets, migration and income distribution
- Acquisition and execution of research projects
- Research on the CESEE economies and country monitoring
The position is limited to 18 months in the first instance, but can be extended following a satisfactory probationary period. Start: as soon as possible – ideally by August 2020.
- MA or PhD in Economics
- Research experience in labour-/migration-/inequality- and macro-economics
- Interest in applied research
- Good quantitative and econometric skills
- Knowledge of both conventional and heterodox economic analyses
- Excellent English (written and oral); knowledge of a CEESE language as well as German is an advantage
- Very good (proposal) writing and presentation skills
- Flexibility as well as ability to work in teams
We pay salaries comparable to universities. Remuneration for the full-time position (i.e. 40 hours per week) will be € 40,000 gross annual income or above, depending on qualification. Women are encouraged to apply.
Please send your application (with cover letter, CV and copies of certificates) to [email protected].