Areas that play to your
All the responsibilities we’ll trust you with:
Within this role, you’ll be at the forefront of understanding our platform and network trends across the Red Bull Media Network. Your analysis and insights will help guide the overall strategy for both global and country teams, identifying key drivers and opportunities that result in positive action.
DEEP DIVE INTO ANALYTICS AND INSIGHTS
You can be creative in concepting and executing ad hoc analysis. While reacting effectively to business needs is, of course essential, we recognize that often the most impactful insights are derived from having freedom to proactively explore ideas. The team also has plenty of opportunity to present this work to all relevant stakeholders in order to influence decision-making.
DRIVE BEST PRACTICE WITH DATA
Lead by example and help to set the bar for how we gather, interpret, and tell impactful stories with our data. You’ll build relationships with colleagues, both here in Austria and internationally, through training on specific tools and broader context. Additionally, you will help to build out a suite of analyst tools and templates that alleviate all aspects of data storytelling, from analysis, to structure, to data vis.
KNOW OUR DATA INSIDE AND OUT
We gather data for Earned, Social, and Owned from a variety of data sources. Naturally this can become complex, and it is the role of the Central Insights Team to intrinsically understand the quirks of the dataset and unleash its potential. To support this, you’ll have direct relationships with both internal teams who manage implementations, as well as directly with the source of third-party platforms. You’ll use your problem-solving skills to help to scope out new enhancements, as well as to identify bugs.
Your areas of knowledge and expertise
That matter most for this role:
- 3+ years of experience in a comparable role, ideally within the Media or Publishing industries
- Excellent knowledge of Google Analytics, some implementation knowledge is a bonus
- Highly skilled in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and BI tools (e.g. Looker), knowledge of SQL not essential but would be a plus
- Good working knowledge of social media and some associated analytics tools (e.g. Sprinklr, as well as native reporting platforms of the social networks)
- Sharp analytical skills, with the ability to extract and analyse raw data and draw conclusions
- Innate capacity to transform findings into a clear compelling story that drives positive action from the business
- Adaptable, proactive, and intellectually curious
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Economics, Maths, Statistics, Digital Marketing or a related field
- Fluent in English, any additional language is a plus
- Travel up to: 10%