Areas that play to your
All the responsibilities we’ll trust you with:
DESIGN & IMPLEMENTATION
In this role, you’ll be a key member within our Engineering team, working hands-on with the latest cloud technology and providing your cloud expertise to developers and other expert tech roles: You’ll assure that applications, services and deployments are designed and implemented for automation, high-availability, scalability and elasticity in our multi-cloud setup.
CULTURE & GUIDANCE
You’ll act as a cloud evangelist to further develop and strengthen our cloud culture. Be a shepherd in the cloud services jungle and work hands-on with the team on specific implementation and automation challenges.
You’ll closely follow industry trends by attending international key conferences, meetups or by joining selected user groups. You’ll constantly collaborate with our key cloud services partners and keep scouting for new features and services enhancing our existing portfolio of cloud service solutions.
You’ll always keep an eye on security and make sure our implementations and integrations do follow best practices. Make sure there’s a reasonable balance between security concerns and practicability.
Your areas of knowledge and expertise
That matter most for this role:
- (Systems) Engineering or Operations background in building and running cloud-native applications
- Experience with true public cloud providers (e.g. AWS, Google Cloud Platform)
- Experience and strong interest in Operations and CD technology (e.g. Docker, Kubernetes, Serverless, Spinnaker)
- Experience with modern commodity DevOps tooling & services (e.g. GitHub, CircleCI, Datadog and Hashicorp technologies like Terraform or Vault)
- High motivation and willingness to constantly learn and self-educate in the ever-growing public cloud landscape and XaaS technologies
- Passion in optimizing production systems across all layers
- Strong analytical and communication skills
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Information Systems or technical college (e.g. HTL)
- Fluent in English, German would be a plus
- Travel up to: 25%