Chief accountant/controller (m/f) overseeing introduction and monitoring of automated retail and banking postings
Place of employment: Vienna or Villach
Our customer is building a Fintech & Insurtech platform with a suite of products and services partially powered by Blockchain Technology which shall ensure a Hybrid Payment Functionality, meaning using best features of the traditional world and also the best ones from Blockchain technology. Additionally, they developed a social media & messenger platform which should support their vision to become one of the leading mobile payment suppliers.
They plan to digitalize in the medium term also other assets as securities and gold and store them securely in their wallets. Their hybrid payment strategy is simple, elegant and secure, and amongst the first use-cases on the Ethereum Blockchain.
Based across continents, our customer is a high-performance team of around 45 people; with freedom and responsibility, a culture that encourages forward thinking mindset & initiative and embraces knowledge sharing and they have big plans to change the way people experience their life!
IQV Group are looking for a chief accountant/controller (m/f) who is able to successfully work with an IT architect to develop and install a fully automated system to ensure the automated booking of both fiat and digital transactions in the wallets of the account holders, but also in the accounting software of the legal entities running the daily operations, to the extent required. There are both retail and banking characteristics in the technical requirements to consider, as the operations will encompass: loyalty-type rewards, commissions, fiat to digital to fiat exchanges, and digital to digital (crypto) swaps. As an energetic and detail-oriented candidate with a good understanding of the various impacts in terms of Austrian accounting entries and VAT, CIT implications, you are required to be a key stakeholder in developing and installing a fully integrated automated internal booking system which posts the daily transactions automatically, with the inter-relationships between statutory account, fiat currencies, external banking partners and internal user accounts. You will work closely with the IT team, external IT SW providers, Crypto Treasury & Accounting & Software team to create a real-time IT solution.
- Understand, define and document the anticipated processes and transaction flows in order to formulate the technical requirements and pressure points that will result
- Work to develop, implement and monitor a system mirroring the transaction flows, ensuring accounting and tax regulatory compliance.
- Work closely with the CFO, crypto treasurer, IT and product managers to deliver a smoothly operating and transparent automated posting system
- Find and drive process improvement opportunities across these processes
- An individual having dealt with accounting in a mass retail or mass customer banking environment
- An understanding of and interest in multi-currency account holders who will be able to swap / exchange these currencies, both real and virtual (crypto)
- Experience of working in a start-up environment
- Experience in working cross-functionally, with multiple stakeholders
- Experience in managing and negotiating with third party suppliers
Our team members are rewarded well, not only with a competitive fix income, but also with:
- Generous Share Option Scheme
- A training & development that helps you to grow with IQV Group
- Flexible working hours – we care about your output, not when you rock up or clock out
- Top of the range hardware
- The option to participate in a crypto salary scheme
- Access to a range of discounts and little life extras via our community products
Your letter of application:
Please submit your application including information about your achievements, ambitions and why you’re interested in joining IQV Group in English via email to firstname.lastname@example.org – we look forward to get to know you!
We welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
Certainly, the application will be treated strictly confidential and any requests to delete the documents will be taken into account.
Tel.: +43 1 230 90 09-1170