Central Editorial Manager
Areas that play to your
All the responsibilities we’ll trust you with:
Using experience, story sense and outstanding editorial skills, the Editorial Manager identifies opportunities and functions as a key point of contact for the individual Networks. Another important part of this role is to work with The Red Bulletin and Audio teams on collaborative projects, while also ensuring we meet key deadlines on time sensitive content. You’ll ensure the production and delivery of timely content for use on RedBull.com and Red Bull Content Pool.
As Central Editorial Manager you’ll think beyond the calendar and take advantage of other opportunities to tell stories that will ultimately be used across the Media Network. It will also be necessary to think far beyond our own platforms, and craft stories that can work across earned media, and on managed platforms too.
LEAD BY EXAMPLE
In this role, you’ll have the responsibility for the day-to-day management of the team of 10-12 journalists that handle the sub-editing of all editorial content published globally for RedBull.com, Red Bull TV and Red Bull Content Pool. The work ranges from real-time opportunities and breaking news, through profiles and interviews with our athletes and artists, all the way to web experiences that push the boundaries of what is possible in storytelling.
Your areas of knowledge and expertise
That matter most for this role:
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in an editorial environment
- Experience working with Video, Pictures, Text, and Infografics/Animations at a major publisher
- Expertise in content across Sports, Motorsports, Gaming, Culture
- Must be an outstanding writer and a deft editor, with the ability to create eye-catching headlines, sub-heads and captions, and text that really sings
- Deep understanding of the global media industry, and specifically on the type of content that plays well with Earned media
- Understanding of SEO
- Instinctive storytelling sense, finely tuned over years in editorial positions
- Creative mind and understanding of the way immersive and multimedia content work together to create compelling web experiences
- University Degree or relevant work experience
- Fluent in English, additional languages are a plus
- Travel up to 10%