We are looking for people who are energetic about developing their talents with us. As a young European bank, we offer opportunities for people who like to roll their sleeves up and advance their career. We are looking for people like you. Become part of our international team located in a modern office in Vienna 1010.
Banking Book Management Intern (m/f)
The Banking Book Management Intern gains practical experience within a certain banking area which enhances his or her theoretical knowledge. Additionally the internship is an outstanding chance for the student to gather international experience in a dynamic and forward-moving environment. The internship is of training nature for the student. The organizational unit takes over full responsibility of the tasks performed.
The role of the Banking Book Management Intern it to support the department in operational and minor development and/or methodological tasks related to internal and external reporting preparation, communication with subsidiary banks of Sberbank Europe, preparation of information for further decision making, while gaining knowledge about Asset and Liability Management processes within a commercial bank.
Your Tasks and Responsibilities
- Contribution to regular reporting processes within the scope of Banking Book Management department, involvement in ad-hoc reporting initiatives (including internal reporting, reporting to shareholder, to Supervisory authorities)
- Coordination and maintenance of line reporting from Subsidiary Banks
- Suggesting improvements to existing processes, implementing and documenting such improvements
- Participation in regular processes within the department scope (e.g. counterparty limit maintenance process)
- Preparation of materials for Asset-Liability Committee meetings
- Providing general support in the activities of ALM/Treasury department and CFO area
- Active student at university or business school with relevant specialization in economics, finance, banking or accounting (enrollment during the whole period of internship)
- Basic understanding of the treasury products of a bank
- Strong excel skills, knowledge of visual basic is a big plus
- Basic knowledge of the Treasury and Asset-Liability Management or CRR I/CRD IV frameworks is an advantage
- Very good command of English (spoken and written); any CEE language is a plus
- Organized person with a built up sense for urgency
- Flexible, open minded and team-oriented personality
- Responsible and organized person with a built-up sense for punctuality
- This is a unique opportunity to get a first insight into projects of a bank
- Being part of a highly international environment
- Professional development during your internship
- Extensive array of corporate benefits & social events
We offer you an internship on a part-time basis with a maximum monthly gross salary of EUR 1.500,00. The position can be filed as soon as possible.