Sberbank Europe AG, headquartered in Vienna, is a banking group that is 100% owned by Sberbank Russia. Since Sberbank Russia acquired Volksbank International (VBI) in 2012 and rebranded it into Sberbank Europe, major steps have been taken to gradually transform Sberbank Europe into a fully-fledged, self-funded and profitable universal bank with a strong focus on retail and corporate customers. Sberbank Europe is present in 8 markets in Central and Eastern Europe: Austria, Bosnia and Herzegovina (Sarajevo and Banja Luka), Croatia, Czech Republic, Germany, Hungary, Slovenia and Serbia. Sberbank Europe operates 190 branches and has over 4,000 employees across CEE. As an integral part of one of the largest, fastest growing and most dynamic financial providers in the world, Sberbank Europe aims to build sustainable bridges between Russia and the European markets.
We are looking for people who are energetic about developing their talents with us. As a young European bank, we offer opportunities for people who like to roll their sleeves up and advance their career. We are looking for people like you. Become part of our international team located in a modern office in Vienna 1010.
Banking Book Management Expert (ALM) (m/f/d)
We are looking for a senior colleague to support the Banking Book Management team with the expertise in:
– Liquidity and Interest Rate Risk Behavioral Modeling
– Management of the regulatory liquidity of the banking group
Strong knowledge in at least one of the two areas above is required.
Knowledge of Funds Transfer Pricing and Product Pricing frameworks would be a plus.
Your Tasks and Responsibilities
- Liquidity and Interest Rate Risk Behavioral Modeling Framework: concept definition, development and maintenance of behavioral models for all banking group entities for the purposes of liquidity management, IRRBB management and product pricing/steering (ALM and Risk areas). Ensuring compliance with respective regulatory requirements. Support internal decision-making and balance sheet steering via product portfolio behavior analysis.
- Management of the LCR and NSFR of the banking group: ensuring regulatory compliance with the respective liquidity ratios by calculating, forecasting and steering. Develop recommendations for active balance sheet management including liquidity buffer and product portfolios steering.
- Leading Regulatory compliance initiatives with regards to liquidity and balance sheet management. Coordination of internal projects and initiatives and/or providing expertise to major bank projects. Contribution to the ILAAP SREP process.
- Expert knowledge sharing across the SBEU Group: conducting workshops and trainings for various audiences (Business departments, ALM, Risk management, etc.)
- University degree in economics, finance, applied mathematics or similar. Any ALM/Treasury-relevant or Liquidity Risk/Market Risk post-graduate education and/or training considered a plus
- 5+ years of relevant work experience.
- Extensive knowledge of European Regulatory framework in the area of Liquidity management and IRRBB management and/or Expert behavioral modeling skills with regards to different parts of the bank’s balance sheet (liquidity, funding cost and IRR modeling).
- English is a must, other CEE languages are welcomed
- Proficiency in MS Office and data management tools (knowledge of SQL is required), knowledge of VBA and R is required.
- Knowledge of OneSumX ALM or other similar cash flow engines is recommended.
- Base knowledge of Bloomberg/Reuters, front or back office banking systems, internal MIS systems
- Knowledge of regulatory reporting systems (related to liquidity and/or IRR management) would be a plus
- Being part of a highly international environment
- Professional development (incl. job rotation) within the largest CEE banking group
- Extensive array of corporate benefits & social events
Annual Gross salary starting from €60.000 according to the collective bargaining agreement (additional salary can be defined based on individual experience and skills). The position can be filled as soon as possible.