The successful applicant will join the IIASA Administrative Management Applications (AMA) team supporting the administration and maintenance of the institute’s internally developed Management Information System (MIS).
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support team colleagues in the administration and maintenance of the institute’s PL/SQL and web-application based business process management system.
- Provision of first level user support (responding to tickets, calls, immediate requests). Classification and distribution of tickets within the AMA team.
- Develop and provide user training to all staff members.
- Maintain user and systems-level documentation of the system and connections to external software. Adaptation of minor changes to the system.
- AMA wiki administration and data care (mainly for documentation).
- Maintenance and quality assurance of the IIASA Contact Database (CDB), Management Information System (MIS), and E-BS (Data load).
- General systems maintenance, support, and programming tasks.
- In line with the team spirit that prevails at IIASA, the incumbent may occasionally work on other tasks assigned by their superiors, that might not be directly related to this appointment but where the post holder has relevant experience and skills, and/or a shortage of immediate personnel capabilities requires such.
- Completed High School education (Matura or equivalent), and eagerness to develop knowledge further.
- Good command of English (written and spoken), knowledge of German advantageous.
- Knowledge of the basic pillars of web software development (SQL and PL/SQL, HTML, HTML5, CSS, JS).
- Experience working with data in a structured way.
- Basic knowledge of data exchange formats (e.g. XML, CSV, JSON, XLSX).
- Experience with SQL language, Oracle RDBMS, basic programming skills, and the ability to read code and understand its basic functionality.
- An understanding of Unix/Linux operating system commands and scripting.
- Advanced knowledge of MS Windows.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written), and a keen sense of initiative.
- Ability to work collaboratively as part of a team, as well as independently.
- Experience with Oracle EBS would be advantageous.
- Time management skills and the ability to prioritize, and work in an organized and efficient manner, paying attention to detail.
- Address Schlossplatz 1, 2320 Laxenburg (near Vienna)
- Salary Offer Minimum € 29,783 which is exempt from income tax in Austria (subject to the principle of income aggregation – “Progressionsvorbehalt”). The advertised salary is negotiable, based on the qualifications, skills and experience of the selected individual, subject to deductions for health insurance and/or social security, not directly comparable with other employers in Austria, due to the unique legal status and privileges granted to IIASA.