: Austria-Vienna-Vienna-IAEA Headquarters
: 2020-12-03, 10:49:36 AM
: 2020-12-17, 11:59:00 PM
SIX MONTHS INITIALLY, WITH POSSIBILITY OF EXTENSIONS
The Division of Human Resources (MTHR), within the Department of Management, plans, acquires and manages human resources to effectively implement the IAEA programmes. It thus delivers the full spectrum of human resource services, including HR organizational development and planning, talent acquisition and development, performance management, and administration of compensation and benefits. The Division serves a multicultural workforce of approximately 2300 people from diverse scientific, technical, managerial and professional disciplines.The HR Management Section (HMS) provides HR services to the Agency and advice to managers in the areas of recruitment, learning and development, staff relations and the business partner approach.
Reporting to the Head of the Recruitment Unit, HMS, the Recruitment Associate contributes to the successful deployment of staff and non-staff personnel for the assigned group of clients and ensures timely and efficient completion of all steps in the recruitment process and their compliance with existing rules and regulations. She/he is also responsible for administering the IAEA’s Internship and Staff Mobility Programmes within the assigned group of clients.
Functions / Key Results Expected
• Support the timely and efficient recruitment cycle for all vacancies within the assigned group of internal clients by partnering with the Recruitment Officers, hiring managers and HR Business Partners to set target timelines.
• Provide full recruitment cycle support to the assigned group of clients and perform daily recruiting activities, including but not limited to: posting vacancy notices, reviewing and assessing applications, endorsing shortlists, assisting with interview questions and tests’ compositions, participating in interviews, and conducting reference checks.
• Monitor the status and follow up on recruitment focusing on the timely and efficient completion of all steps of the recruitment process and its compliance with existing rules and regulations.
• Conduct salary comparisons, and draft recommendations on the appropriate step in grade for external appointees.
• Assess profiles of candidates for staff and non-staff posts against approved Terms of References.
• Assess eligibility of applicants and confirm completeness of applications received for internship opportunities. Administer requests for recruitment of interns according to existing policies and liaise with the Visa and Customs Unit as necessary. Carry out all related administrative functions, including on-boarding.
• Coordinate internal mobility opportunities (Development and Temporary Reassignments), reviewing and assessing applications, assisting with interview questions and tests’ compositions, and participating in interviews. Provide administrative and logistical support to the organization of outreach and sourcing activities, job fairs, technical forums and recruitment missions including preparation, update and review of presentations, and participate to the above mentioned activities as required.
• Maintain up to date recruitment records, produce accurate statistics and contribute to the creation of recruitment standard operating procedures, as required.
• Manage the recruitment workflow with the highest degree of discretion and confidentiality.
Competencies and Expertise
|Planning and Organizing||Plans and organizes his/her own work in support of achieving the team or Section’s priorities. Takes into account potential changes and proposes contingency plans.|
|Communication||Communicates orally and in writing in a clear, concise and impartial manner. Takes time to listen to and understand the perspectives of others and proposes solutions.|
|Achieving Results||Takes initiative in defining realistic outputs and clarifying roles, responsibilities and expected results in the context of the Department/Division’s programme. Evaluates his/her results realistically, drawing conclusions from lessons learned.|
|Teamwork||Actively contributes to achieving team results. Supports team decisions.|
|Analytical thinking||Analyses information to identify cause and effect relationships and correlations. Identifies critical elements and assesses consequences of different courses of action and proposes solutions.|
|Client orientation||Helps clients to analyse their needs. Seeks to understand service needs from the client’s perspective and ensure that the client’s standards are met.|
|Resilience||Maintains a high level of performance when facing pressure and uncertainty. Able to remain calm and self-controlled, and to respond logically and decisively in difficult situations.|
|Administrative Support||Discretion and Respect for Confidentiality||Application of a high degree of tact, diplomacy and discretion, and proven ability to maintain confidentiality.|
|Information Technology||IT Training||Knowledge and experience working with relevant technology to deliver HR services.|
|Administrative Support||MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)||Proficiency in the use of office software products (MS Office 2010).|
|Human Resources||Recruitment||Knowledge of UN/IAEA Recruitment principles and procedures. Interpretation and application of recruitment policies in a fair and consistent manner.|
|Human Resources||Talent Acquisition||Sourcing through specific search methods (Taleo and social media) to identify talents for nuclear and non-nuclear positions.|
Qualifications, Experience and Language skills
High School Diploma – Completed secondary education
• Minimum of six years of progressively responsible experience in Human Resources and/or administration, with a focus on recruitment.
• Knowledge of TALEO or other similar recruitment software would be an asset.
• Experience in the use of social media to attract suitable candidates desirable.
• Proficiency in MS Office 2010 (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint) and ability to use databases.
Excellent oral and written command of English. Knowledge of other official IAEA languages (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian and Spanish) is an asset.
The IAEA offers an attractive remuneration package including a tax-free annual net base salary starting at EUR 54871 (subject to mandatory deductions for pension contributions and health insurance), 6 weeks’ annual vacation, pension plan and health insurance
Appointment is subject to a satisfactory medical report. Recruitment will be on a LOCAL BASIS only. Outside applicants are required to supply to the IAEA or to authorize it to seek all information relevant to their suitability for employment by the IAEA. Testing may be part of the recruitment process.
Applicants should be aware that IAEA staff members are international civil servants and may not accept instructions from any other authority. The IAEA is committed to applying the highest ethical standards in carrying out its mandate. As part of the United Nations common system, the IAEA subscribes to the following core ethical standards (or values): Integrity, Professionalism and Respect for diversity. Staff members may be assigned to any location. The IAEA retains the discretion not to make any appointment to this vacancy, to make an appointment at a lower grade or with a different contract type, or to make an appointment with a modified job description or for shorter duration than indicated above.